Old 02-09-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Label Question

Hello,

My wife and I have decided to grow some of these beautiful flowers and
are looking for help. We stopped at a local grower and could not
decide on a species that was currently blooming. We did however, pick
up a few plants in the room that had "non-blooming" plants. I'm
trying to find some information on them to see when and how often they
bloom, as well as other characteristics /needs that are specific to
each. Here are the labels from the two we picked up:

first one:
_____________________________
P. Rothschildiana 'B#'
x P. Brother Stage 'B#10'
-----------------------------
this one has #2216 at the top of the tag

Second One:
_____________________________
(Bradm. Chinatown x Alcra. Dorothy Oka)
_____________________________
this one has T-3410 at the top of the tag

What do the numbers at the top of the tags represent? The lady said
there was a website that I could look up the numbers and it would tell
me about them? Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott & Von
Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Reka

schrieb im Newsbeitrag om...
[...]

The numbers are those used by growers to catalogue their plants. The first one is a Phalaenopsis, but I couldn't find any further
info specific to this cross. Phalaenopsis are grown thus: http://www.orchidweb.org/orchids/cul...nner/phals.pdf
Rothschildiana is a white Phal, Brother Stage a yellow one.
Anyone know who uses the B's as clonal names?? (A clonal name is one given to a promising plant.)

Yummy! That should be (Brsdm. Chinatown x Alcra. Dorothy Oka) 'Hawaii'.
This one is from Carmela. http://tinyurl.com/3seg7. If you ever end up *not* liking it, I will adopt!!
Culture is for Oncidiums: http://www.orchidweb.org/orchids/culture/oncidium.pdf.

Most orchids bloom at least once a year, many more often, some never! grin Stick around, read, ask questions. We're usually a
friendly pack. Good luck!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Reka

schrieb im Newsbeitrag om...
[...]

Label Question [email protected] Orchids 0 02-09-2004 02:38 AM
young trees, lost label! Victoria Clare United Kingdom 3 25-06-2003 06:56 PM
Thailand enforce GM label from May 11 and bans the use of GM-free labelling Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 0 25-04-2003 02:32 PM
Label question? Claude Orchids 1 24-03-2003 05:32 PM
Rant--why don't nurseries label things better? Tony Gardening 41 12-03-2003 01:21 AM