Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Xi Wang

Default Phal leaf problem

Hi group,

I've recently noticed a leaf problem for one of my phals. On the newest
leaf, there is pitting, mainly on the top surface of the leaf. The pits
are irregular and there is no pattern, and is mainly localized in the
areas between the plant vasculature. At first the pits are just that,
but with time, they turn darker to a blackish green. The pits are not
moist and have no exudate. I was wondering if anyone out there might
know what this is, and what to do about it? From what I've read, it
sounds viral, and apparently there is no cure. However, I've had this
plant for many months, and was thinking that if this was not an
endogenous virus, but something that was contracted, that I might be
able to dispose of the affected leaf and save the rest of the plant?

Cheers,
Xi

Problem with phal. Base of leaf black Jane Orchids 4 13-12-2008 02:41 AM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
Phal leaf problem Xi Wang Orchids 0 12-11-2004 11:10 PM
cut leaf maple (thread leaf) question clipster Gardening 0 09-05-2003 07:20 PM
Uppermost leaf problem in a Phal K Barrett Orchids 1 03-05-2003 07:44 PM