Old 14-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Ray

Default Orchid Chat

I had a few inquiries about orchid-related chat rooms, so added a new, very
"bare-bones" one to the website, under the "Free Services" link.

..

Old 14-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Betsy

BetsyB
"Ray" wrote in message
I had a few inquiries about orchid-related chat rooms, so added a new, very
"bare-bones" one to the website, under the "Free Services" link.

.

The following link is dead on your webpage. Thought you might want to know.

http://www.firstrays.com/dend.htm

Old 15-11-2004, 04:12 AM
J Fortuna

Hey Ray,
Here is some feedback on your chat:

I like the idea of the chat, and I had a very pleasant chat with Jeff, who
gave me some more ideas on what to try with my crazy cochleanthes.

But in this chat as implemented right now, it is impossible to read anything
but the most recent two or three posts in the chat to catch up on the
conversation, since it keeps reloading itself and moving the page to the
very top even if one is way down trying to read what was posted a moment
ago. I don't know about you, but I don't type that fast and sometimes I need
to look away briefly from the screen, and I need to be able to catch up with
the conversation a bit. Also it might be better if the new messages showed
up at the bottom and not the top, I think Jeff commented on that in our
chat.

Anyway I hope that there is a way to improve on it, and that you will
because I do like the idea of this chat.
Joanna

Old 15-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Ray

Thanks for looking out for me, but can you tell me where that broken link
is? I sure don't want to have to search every link on every page looking
for it!

..
"Betsy" wrote in message

BetsyB

Old 15-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Ray

Joanna,

I said "bare bones," didn't I? insert grin here

I may look into an improved version, but there certainly will be no time
until late December.

Try setting your text size smaller in your browser, and you'll get more
lines in. I see over a dozen different posts on the screen at once.

..

Old 15-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Ray

Never mind.... I found it on the site map.

Thanks, Betsy.

..
"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks for looking out for me, but can you tell me where that broken link
is? I sure don't want to have to search every link on every page looking
for it!

.
"Betsy" wrote in message

BetsyB

Old 15-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Betsy

Hell if I can find it now? I clicked Den, listed on the right side of one
page but cannot find it now?

--
BetsyB
"Ray" wrote in message
Thanks for looking out for me, but can you tell me where that broken link
is? I sure don't want to have to search every link on every page looking
for it!

.
"Betsy" wrote in message

BetsyB

Orchid Chat...again Ray Orchids 1 20-11-2004 04:49 PM
Orchid Chat Ray Orchids 6 17-11-2004 02:11 PM
Orchid Chat Ray Orchids 0 16-11-2004 11:15 PM
invitation to the daily/nightly/whenever orchid chat Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 0 11-02-2003 07:25 AM
invitation to the daily/nightly/whenever orchid chat Prem Subrahmanyam Gardening 0 11-02-2003 07:25 AM