Old 07-12-2004, 12:16 AM
DexterWard

Default New Growth on my Colmanara!

My Colmanara "Wild Catt" just about a three months ago started a brand new
growth. The growth is now approx. 4-4 1/2 inches tall. I've seen no
evidence of a pseudobulb just yet. I was only wondering about how long a
new growth takes to mature.

On a side note: one of the older pseudobulbs is losing all it's leaves in a
really odd way. I first thought it was because it was being fertilized too
often because it looked like it was burned. Now I'm wondering...
A yellow spot will appear at the tip of the leave. I'll cut the damaged tip
off and a few days later the edge where I've cut has turned yellow and it
will continue on and on in such a way.

The plant itself was rescued and the roots of the older pseudobulbs are
visibly brown. They're thick and solid but they're brown. The new roots
from the new growth are a healthy green coated with white velamen. I was
wondering if the damaged roots were to blame for the leave loss. No new
growths have lost leaves.

Anyway, I digress. I'm really only wondering when the new growth will
mature.

-Sin

Colmanara Wildcat 'Doris' V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 07-02-2007 11:46 AM
Why good plant growth= bad algae growth [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 22-02-2004 10:53 PM
Why good plant growth= bad algae growth [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 22-02-2004 03:38 AM
Colmanara Wildcat Sheepkeeper Orchids 5 27-06-2003 04:44 AM
Colmanara Wildcat Sheepkeeper Orchids 0 26-06-2003 06:40 AM