Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Steve

Oh never mind. I see the problem. Look at the date of my first message.
It's dated next March. My wife confesses, she didn't realize what she did.
I resubscribed to ABPO, got a bunch of messages which all promptly
disappeared again. As I sat here pondering the problem, it occurred to
me to pass the mouse pointer over the time and there was the problem
when the date showed up.

Steve

Steve wrote:

OK, something just happened. I went to look at the newsgroups (starting
with this one) and found only a few new posts. I have this computer set
to keep the old ones for 45 days. I looked at other groups with similar
results. Then I came back to read the few new ones and they were gone
too. Now there is not a single message in any of the 4 groups I follow.
I'm using Adelphia cable which uses Giganews servers for its newsgroups.
If anyone using Adelphia or Giganews had the same happen, let me know.
(I know some of us do read test messages.) :-)

Not sure I will see your reply, but give it a try anyway.

If things don't resolve themselves, I'll try unsubscribing then
resubscribing next.

Steve

Old 19-12-2004, 11:02 PM
tbell

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:02:33 -0800, Steve wrote
(in article ):

OK, something just happened. I went to look at the newsgroups (starting
with this one) and found only a few new posts. I have this computer set
to keep the old ones for 45 days. I looked at other groups with similar
results. Then I came back to read the few new ones and they were gone
too. Now there is not a single message in any of the 4 groups I follow.
I'm using Adelphia cable which uses Giganews servers for its newsgroups.
If anyone using Adelphia or Giganews had the same happen, let me know.
(I know some of us do read test messages.) :-)

Not sure I will see your reply, but give it a try anyway.

If things don't resolve themselves, I'll try unsubscribing then
resubscribing next.

Steve

Could it have anything to do with the -17š F posted at Saranac, according to
this morning's paper? Probably not, but Merry Xmas, Steve. Hope you can
afford to keep your orchids warm.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700

News server gone wild Steve Orchids 9 23-01-2004 06:12 AM
News server gone wild Steve Orchids 0 22-01-2004 06:55 PM
News server gone wild Steve Orchids 0 22-01-2004 06:48 PM
OT - Newsgroup server problems zookeeper Ponds 14 18-09-2003 02:12 AM
'Server problem' gone with emptying and restoring messages Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 0 26-08-2003 05:04 AM