Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
TheFool

Default Seed viability

Hello, I'm interested in growing orchids from seed. I have never grown
orhids before but I have grown various mushrooms so I am very familiar with
the sterile techniques required for this undertaking. My question is, how
long will orchid seeds remain viable after removed from the pod and
refrigerated? I have found a source for the seeds, for $40 I can get 25
different varities of orchid seed, but I have to start small (1 species at
a time) and I don't want the other seeds to go bad before I get a chance to
work with them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!