Old 20-02-2005, 03:26 PM
K Barrett

Default Who wanted what scanned?

I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century again and find
I need to set up my scanner, something that here-to-fore had sat collecting
dust in my closet for lo these 6-7 years.

So... since I have to scan a couple of articles for a friend in the judging
system I know there was someone here who wanted a coiple of bulbo articles
scanned. I *think* I had 3 of the ones the person (Reka??) requested, but
can't besure without getting the person's list again.

So. Who was it, what do you need, and do you still need it?

K Barrett
I'm not promising I'll get them to you quickly, as I say I have to set up
the dang scanner and that could test my limits. And yes, I've tried taking
pictures of articles before (digital) and have been unsatisfied, so I won't
go that route.

Old 20-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Reka

K Barrett wrote:
I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century again and find
I need to set up my scanner, something that here-to-fore had sat collecting
dust in my closet for lo these 6-7 years.

So... since I have to scan a couple of articles for a friend in the judging
system I know there was someone here who wanted a coiple of bulbo articles
scanned. I *think* I had 3 of the ones the person (Reka??) requested, but
can't besure without getting the person's list again.

So. Who was it, what do you need, and do you still need it?

K Barrett
I'm not promising I'll get them to you quickly, as I say I have to set up
the dang scanner and that could test my limits. And yes, I've tried taking
pictures of articles before (digital) and have been unsatisfied, so I won't
go that route.

Hello, Kath! It was me! (waving arms and jumping up and down frantically)
I need:

Bulbophyllum neilgherense 'Meme Simone' CBR/AOS AOS Awards Quarterly -
Vol. 29 - No. 4 - December 1998 p. 287

Cirrhopetalum neilgherrense Wt. Orchid Digest - Vol. 43 - No. 6 -
Nov.-Dec., 1979 p. 234

Cirrhopetalum neilgherrense Wt. Orchid Digest - Vol. 44 - No. 4 -
July-Aug., 1980 p. 154

If there is no picture of the flower, don't bother. I really need the
flower. Bob Betts was kind enough to send me a scan of the drawing in
the Curtis magazine which helped a lot, but I am really hoping for a
flower photo.

BTW, if you haven't tried Bob's service of orchid picture listings,
please do so! It is wonderful. This friend of mine wants a pic of
neilgherrense, but neither of us was quite sure how to spell it. Using
the beginning "neil", I was able to find these results. As you see, it
was spelled in two different ways. The service can be found at the site
of the London Orchid Society at http://los.lon.imag.net/picref.asp.
(Thanks again, Bob!)

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 20-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Reka

Reka wrote:
If there is no picture of the flower, don't bother. I really need the
flower. Bob Betts was kind enough to send me a scan of the drawing in
the Curtis magazine which helped a lot, but I am really hoping for a
flower photo.

BTW, if you haven't tried Bob's service of orchid picture listings,
please do so! It is wonderful. This friend of mine wants a pic of
neilgherrense, but neither of us was quite sure how to spell it. Using
the beginning "neil", I was abletofindtheseresults.Asyousee,it
was spelled in two different ways. The service can be found at the site
of the London Orchid Society at http://los.lon.imag.net/picref.asp.
(Thanks again, Bob!)

P.S. Claude, did you know they link to your site???

Old 20-02-2005, 06:31 PM
K Barrett

OK, If you only want the pictures I can send you the pages with the
pictures. If you want the whole article I can send the whole article.

The AQ is going to be a very small file, the 1st OD article goes for 7
pages, the 2nd OD article goes for 6 pages. I have a fast cable modem, so
it takes me no time at all to send these. However if you have dial up it
will take several minutes for you to receive them... like 15-20 minutes....

What do you want? The whole articles or just the pics?

"Reka" wrote in message
news

Old 20-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Reka

K Barrett wrote:
I remove the 'no way' from your address in order to email ithem to you?

"Reka" wrote in message
news
K Barrett wrote:

[...]

And add a "r" to the front. That addy is only a spam trap any more.

Old 20-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Reka

K Barrett wrote:
OK, If you only want the pictures I can send you the pages with the
pictures. If you want the whole article I can send the whole article.

The AQ is going to be a very small file, the 1st OD article goes for 7
pages, the 2nd OD article goes for 6 pages. I have a fast cable modem, so
it takes me no time at all to send these. However if you have dial up it
will take several minutes for you to receive them... like 15-20 minutes....

What do you want? The whole articles or just the pics?

"Reka" wrote in message
news
K Barrett wrote:

[...]

I really only need the pics, unless there is something really
world-stopping in the articles.
Thanks!

Old 21-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Reka

K Barrett wrote:
Oof, I sent them without the 'r', Ok will send again

Thanks, Kath, they are great!