Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-02-2005, 10:48 PM
OrchidKitty

Default Showing orchids in S/H in winter--results

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post on this issue. I took 4
plants to the show, pretty much just to support the society's effort,
and to my complete shock, two plants got first-place ribbons and one
plant got a third-place ribbon. (I didn't think that I stood a chance
of getting any ribbons at all because there were so many wonderful
plants on display from different societies.) But the best news of all
is that at the end of the show, the plants don't look any worse for the
wear.

I double-bucketed two S/H plants and put tape over another's drain
holes because it is tall and I wanted it to fit in the transporter box
that I made. Those three plants were still hydrated at the end of the
show. (The fourth plant was in bark because it won't stop blooming long
enough to put in S/H. It was the one that didn't win a ribbon....)

If I ever finish my Web site, I will have pix of orchids and kitties.

Showing orchids in S/H in winter OrchidKitty Orchids 5 12-02-2005 03:45 PM
Liner showing problem on large boulders John Arruda Ponds (alternative) 5 31-07-2003 05:22 AM
Is your Regal Lily showing yet? Steve Harris United Kingdom 12 04-05-2003 03:32 PM
Winter Kill Results. Theo Asir Roses 0 23-04-2003 03:44 PM
Anemone blanda showing? Hussein M. United Kingdom 8 16-04-2003 01:20 AM