Old 15-03-2005, 08:28 PM
wendy7

Default Orchid Name & WildCatt Help Plz.

Please could someone with access to WildCatt look up a
name for me. Spelling is the problem.
Encyclia seidenbachiana
Encyclia sedenbachiana
Encyclia seidebachiana
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 16-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Wendy

My best guess too Reka.

Reka wrote:
wendy7 wrote:

Please could someone with access to WildCatt look up a
name for me. Spelling is the problem.
Encyclia seidenbachiana
Encyclia sedenbachiana
Encyclia seidebachiana

Wendy, I don't have Wildcatt, but I would bet my bottom dollar on the
first one. Hope someone has an answer for you.

Old 16-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Wendy

Thanks Kathy, I should have mentioned that I had researched the net.
Also I would love to find the real name, not for me but my mentor, who
is going through his books. It would have been nice to come up with the
name since he doesn't do computers etc.
Thanks again for the info.
Remove peterpan for email reply

Cheers Wendy

K Barrett wrote:
From W3Tropicos at MoBot: http://mobot.mobot.org/W3T/Search/vast.html
There's an encyclia steinbachii and a seidelii. Ring any bells? I suppose
you'd have to look at Jay's page in order to see which flower you have.

And, I may be wrong about this, but I think Wildcatt isn't necessarily your
first reference for this sort of orchid - one that hasn't been used
extensively in hybridization programs or heavily awarded. I'd go with MoBot
or Jay's page or the RHS database.

Plus, god help us, but it could also be re-classified by now, too, what with
all the restructuring of Epidendrum

K Barrett

"Reka" wrote in message

wendy7 wrote:

Please could someone with access to WildCatt look up a
name for me. Spelling is the problem.
Encyclia seidenbachiana
Encyclia sedenbachiana
Encyclia seidebachiana

Wendy, I don't have Wildcatt, but I would bet my bottom dollar on the
first one. Hope someone has an answer for you.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
Forgotten plant name - any help plz shorty United Kingdom 9 07-08-2005 02:21 PM
Wildcatt Ray Orchids 1 07-02-2005 03:02 PM
If you have Wildcatt software... dd Orchids 5 10-09-2004 04:36 PM
If you have Wildcatt software... dd Orchids 0 09-09-2004 11:45 AM