Old 05-04-2005, 07:08 AM
profpam

Orchids in general should be mounted or potted; however, terete vanda
types do grow in the ground. Some of the pictures I collected of the
Singapore gardens illustrate this:
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/singa.html

At home in southern California, I grow mine mostly in pottery pots with
an orchid mixture as they do better than basket culture due to the often
dry conditions.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/page3.html

On 30 Mar 2005 17:40:22 -0800 in .com Danielle wrote:

aren't orchids not supposed to be in the ground? or was that the point
of posting it? yeah, probably was... don't worry, im ok...

Depends on the type of orchid.
Vandas definitely should not be planted in dirt.

Kind of sick of Lowes to have instructions on planting
a vanda in soil, on the label identifying it as vanda.

Need Help ID'ing an Orchid (or orchid-type plant)... [email protected] Orchids 0 07-12-2004 10:40 AM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Orchid research at the ANH [Was: Orchid Taxonomy and Mycorrhiza] Phred Plant Science 0 04-09-2003 03:23 PM
WANTED: back issues of the American Orchid Society Bulletin & The Orchid Digest. Kenneth Bruyninckx Orchids 0 02-09-2003 08:02 PM