Old 25-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Dave Gillingham

Default Newsgroup Archives?

Came back a couple of days ago from a week away. Downloaded the
headers from all my favourite ngs, including rgo & abpo. Selected
those that interested me, & hit the recover button. My news server
told me nearly half of them were no longer available!

I have previously accessed a newsgroup archive somewhere, but can
remember no details. Help? And, would binaries also be archived?
Dave Gillingham
Old 25-03-2005, 02:01 PM
J Fortuna

Dave,

For rgo, the archive is http://groups.google.com which now will reload to
http://groups-beta.google.com/. Click on the Advanced Groups Search Link in
the upper right area of the screen, and put rec.gardens.orchids in the
Group.

For abpo, you can go to http://www.usenet-replayer.com/ -- though be aware
that this archive is frowned upon by some people, since it copies messages
without permission, and is advertizing heavy ... However, it does provide an
archive for abpo, which to my way of thinking is a good thing, despite the
flaws.

Also keep in mind that different newsgroup providers keep messages around
longer, so if yours does not keep them around long enough for you, you might
consider finding out about another provider for your newsgroups.

Best,
Joanna

----

Old 26-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Bob Walsh

Dave,

Which ones couldn't you acess?

Let me know and I will forward them to you.

Bob

Old 26-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Dave Gillingham

Thank you very much, Joanna.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:01:39 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old 26-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Dave Gillingham

Bob,
There were several days' worth, & for abpo that's a big ask. Joanna
has pointed me, to I'll do that. Thanks very much for your kind
offer.