Old 01-05-2005, 03:52 AM
mmccaws2

Default looking for a phal color variety

What I'm looking for is for my daughter so here is my best effort on
describing :

I saw a besutiful moth orchid that had soft-hued, baby-pink, flowers.
It wasn't the medium to dark pink ones that you normally see. It was
the luscious light pink the sort of pink they used to associate with
baby sky blue for boys and light pink for newborn girls blankets.

I'm looking for a plant that will bloom soon or is blooming or even a
compot of them. It'll give her a project.

please contact me at (remove the 2
'pink' from the name)

Thanks a bunch
Mike

Old 01-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Reka

mmccaws2 schrieb:
What I'm looking for is for my daughter so here is my best effort on
describing :

I saw a besutiful moth orchid that had soft-hued, baby-pink, flowers.
It wasn't the medium to dark pink ones that you normally see. It was
the luscious light pink the sort of pink they used to associate with
baby sky blue for boys and light pink for newborn girls blankets.

I'm looking for a plant that will bloom soon or is blooming or even a
compot of them. It'll give her a project.

please contact me at (remove the 2
'pink' from the name)

Thanks a bunch
Mike

There's a nice one at Zuma Canyon:
http://www.zumacanyonorchids.com/98907.html

Or try Phal. schilleriana, a species Phal with pretty pink blooms. you
can find it at lots of places such as Big Leaf Orchids (but elsewhere
may be cheaper):
http://bigleaforchids.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=143

Be sure to buy a good quality plant, however, since the success rate
will be greater.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 01-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Susan Erickson

On 30 Apr 2005 19:52:48 -0700, "mmccaws2"
wrote:

What I'm looking for is for my daughter so here is my best effort on
describing :

I saw a besutiful moth orchid that had soft-hued, baby-pink, flowers.
It wasn't the medium to dark pink ones that you normally see. It was
the luscious light pink the sort of pink they used to associate with
baby sky blue for boys and light pink for newborn girls blankets.

I'm looking for a plant that will bloom soon or is blooming or even a
compot of them. It'll give her a project.

please contact me at (remove the 2
'pink' from the name)

Thanks a bunch
Mike

You have two ways to buy - Local orchid grower - we would have to
know where you live or by mail order. Also is there is a orchid
show in your area there is a good chance there will be vendors
who could assist you.

If your going mail order:
http://www.oakhillgardens.com/htm/or...l.php?prod=132
Oak Hill gardens has three different Phal schilleriana offerings.
Here the larger one will be blooming size.

They also have several of the miniature sized plants that are
interesting. Check the meristem pages for descriptions and
photos.

SuE
Old 01-05-2005, 08:29 PM
mmccaws2

Thanks a bunch everyone. These are two great leads.

Again Thanks

Mike

Old 02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Mick Fournier

Mike,

If you follow Reka's suggestion, this is what a top notch Phalaenopsis
schilleriana looks like.
This is Pink Butterfly HCC/AOS, one of the stud plants in the HBI
greenhouse.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...pinkbfly1a.jpg

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask