Old 08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
K Barrett

Default Banjong Orchids??

Any Floridians familiar with Banjong Orchids? Are they wholesale only or do
they have a retail catalog? Some of their cattleya hybrids have caught my
interest and I wondered as to their history/breeding program.

K Barrett

Old 08-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Kenni Judd

They have walk-in retail, but I would be surprised if they have a catalog or
do mail order. Unless it's a recent development, they don't accept plastic,
and I'm not sure about personal rather than corporate checks. Kenni

Old 08-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Susan Erickson

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Any Floridians familiar with Banjong Orchids? Are they wholesale only or

do
they have a retail catalog? Some of their cattleya hybrids have caught my
interest and I wondered as to their history/breeding program.

K Barrett

One more reason to go to the AOS meeting in FL. If that is were
it is next year. I have not heard any confirms for anything
beyond Sonoma. Has anyone else?

SuE
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Kathy,

Good timing; I just pulled a Banjong business card out of my wallet. We're
hoping to get there Thursday, en route to Redland Friday. Friends who have
been there tell us that it is somewhat chaotic, and it's common to
communicate via orchids rather than English. But I also understand that you
can run into some great plants, though it's catch as catch can.

Like Kenni, I would doubt that there's a catalog, but if we get there this
week I'll let you know. Definitely there is retail space.

Diana

Old 08-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Diana Kulaga

One more reason to go to the AOS meeting in FL. If that is were
it is next year. I have not heard any confirms for anything
beyond Sonoma. Has anyone else?

Don't know about confirmation, but I can tell you that if you come, you must
plan time for Safari! You need to visit the Redland growers, for starters,
and go from there. Orchid Paradise, for sure!

Diana

Old 09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
K Barrett

Kenni and Diana,

I saw in the hybrid register that Banjong is making some cattleya hybrids,
which piqued my interest. Perhaps they are growing the hybrids in Thailand
and selling them in Miami?

Anyway, their hybrids have all been registered between 1993 and 1999 (most
from 1999). The one I was interested in was Banjong Topaz and Banjong Gold
becasue they are progeny of Memoria Bengino Aquino, which I have a plant of
(therefore I was researching its progeny and voila! Banjong came up). The
only picture of a Banjong hybrid I was able to find online was of Banjong
White (a walkeriana hybrid) and its a lovely pink.

Yes, Diana, tell me what you think when you go by there. I guess I'll have
to really try to make Redland one of these years. Its always the wrong time
of the year for me, business -wise.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi, Kathy,

Good timing; I just pulled a Banjong business card out of my wallet. We're
hoping to get there Thursday, en route to Redland Friday. Friends who have
been there tell us that it is somewhat chaotic, and it's common to
communicate via orchids rather than English. But I also understand that

you
can run into some great plants, though it's catch as catch can.

Like Kenni, I would doubt that there's a catalog, but if we get there this
week I'll let you know. Definitely there is retail space.

Diana

Orchids - Orchids!idx001.jpg (1/1) Internetado[_2_] Orchid Photos 0 06-11-2011 11:22 PM
Orchids - The fabulous world of Orchids report Kelly Orchids 2 31-08-2004 03:02 PM
growing orchids outside = burned orchids? Lil Orchids 5 18-07-2003 04:52 PM
super tough orchids profpam Orchids 3 28-01-2003 01:44 AM
Preserving and drying orchids. Howard Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:54 AM