Old 05-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Orchidguy

Default On Stenorrhyncos australis

Hi ,

for one sorry about the bad pics , and the size again on the other site , I
didnt take the pics the roomie did ...

but my other deal is scince the kids keep picking these orchids , I'd like
to try and create a bed just for them , maybe then the kids would stay out
of them as they do my other flower beds, would digging them up and moving
them to special bed be okay to do ?

Thanks for any info

Old 05-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Ray

This is strictly hearsay, but I understand stenos to be quite tolerant of
transplantation. I would guess it would be better to wait for a dormant
period to do so, but considering their hardiness, it may not be an issue if
the prep the new bed well and are gentle with the plants, taking as much of
the surrounding medium as possible when you dig them up.

By the way, it seems that your plants are more correctly named
Stenorrhynchos lanceolatum, with S. australis being a synonym.