Old 07-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Reka

Default Blc recommendations

Can someone Wildcatt Blc. Everything Nice for me?
And then I am looking for suggestions as to bloom it. :-(
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Ray

As it's a B. perrinii cross, I would speculate it's pretty light hungry...

Genealogy of Blc Everything Nice

Blc Everything Nice = Blc Memoria Helen Brown X B perrinii 1981
Blc Memoria Helen Brown = Blc Xanthette X Lc Ann Follis 1967
B perrinii = species
Blc Xanthette = Blc Midenette X Blc Xanthedo 1948
Lc Ann Follis = C granulosa X Lc Ethel Merman 1963
Blc Midenette = Blc Zante X Lc Mrs Medo 1941
Blc Xanthedo = Blc Xanthea X Lc Mrs Medo 1939
C granulosa = species
Lc Ethel Merman = Lc Jane Dane X Lc Canhamiana 1952
Blc Zante = Bc Sofrano X Lc Luminosa 1929
Lc Mrs Medo = Lc Luminosa X C Venus 1922
Blc Xanthea = Blc The Baroness X Bc Sofrano 1928
Lc Jane Dane = Lc Britannia X Lc President Wilson 1937
Lc Canhamiana = C mossiae X L purpurata 1885
Bc Sofrano = Bc Mrs J Leemann X C Iridescens 1917
Lc Luminosa = C dowiana X L tenebrosa 1901
C Venus = C dowiana X C Iris 1908
Blc The Baroness = Bc Mrs J Leemann X Lc Ophir 1913
Lc Britannia = Lc Canhamiana X C warscewiczii 1903
Lc President Wilson = Lc Thyone X C dowiana 1918
C mossiae = species
L purpurata = species
Bc Mrs J Leemann = B digbyana X C dowiana 1902
C Iridescens = C bicolor X C eldorado 1909
C dowiana = species
L tenebrosa = species
C Iris = C bicolor X C dowiana 1901
Lc Ophir = C dowiana X L xanthina 1901
C warscewiczii = species
Lc Thyone = Lc Ophir X C dowiana 1912
B digbyana = species
C bicolor = species
C eldorado = species
L xanthina = species

Species contribution:

B digbyana 2.34%
B perrinii 50.00%
C bicolor 3.13%
C dowiana 15.23%
C eldorado 1.56%
C granulosa 12.50%
C mossiae 3.91%
C warscewiczii 1.56%
L purpurata 3.91%
L tenebrosa 4.69%
L xanthina 1.17%

Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Reka

Ray schrieb:
As it's a B. perrinii cross, I would speculate it's pretty light hungry...

Thanks, Ray. I have had it for what seems like forever and it has
survived, but that's about it. I now have it in small lava rock and
water it every day. It is doing better than even before.
Is there any data as to plant size on any of the awards? This one should
be 'Everything Nice'. Mine is 5-6" tall and has 7 growths. I am
wondering if it is already BS or not. The color looks pretty good.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:57:19 +0200, Reka
wrote:

Ray schrieb:
As it's a B. perrinii cross, I would speculate it's pretty light hungry...

Thanks, Ray. I have had it for what seems like forever and it has
survived, but that's about it. I now have it in small lava rock and
water it every day. It is doing better than even before.
Is there any data as to plant size on any of the awards? This one should
be 'Everything Nice'. Mine is 5-6" tall and has 7 growths. I am
wondering if it is already BS or not. The color looks pretty good.

REKA

6/2004 Blc Everything Nice 'First Love' CCM/AOS
Thirty-two well-displayed flowers on three inflorescences borne
on a 57-cm tall, well-grown plant in a 20-cm pot; sepals and
petals yellow; isthmus lip yellow, overlaid cerise, shaded to
lighter purple at margins, midlobe striated purple; substance
good; texture matte.

I know this plant's owner. Maybe I can get some insight from
Beth.
SuE
Old 07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Reka

Susan Erickson schrieb:
6/2004 Blc Everything Nice 'First Love' CCM/AOS
Thirty-two well-displayed flowers on three inflorescences borne
on a 57-cm tall, well-grown plant in a 20-cm pot; sepals and
petals yellow; isthmus lip yellow, overlaid cerise, shaded to
lighter purple at margins, midlobe striated purple; substance
good; texture matte.

I know this plant's owner. Maybe I can get some insight from
Beth.
SuE

Yikes! Are you saying 57 cm????????????!!!!!!!
Well, I may see it bloom before I die... :-Þ ...but it *was* suffering
before, maybe it will take off now. The last growth is so fat compared
to the others. I will take heart!
I love its color!
Thanks, Sue!