Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
danny

Default Chiang Mai Orchid 11

1. Pictures do not belong on this newgroup. Send them to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.
2. Use some compression on your pictures. The file sizes are very large
compared to the width/height of the pictures.
3. Show some restraint. Many of your messages are over 1MB, and at least
one is 2MB. Anyone with dial-up service will never look at your posts.
4. Do you know what any of the plants are? You've posted several that
aren't even orchids.

-danny

"Tran Nguyen" wrote in message
Chiang Mai Orchid 11

Old 08-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Mick Fournier

I wonder if I should tell Tran what I honestly think about his biiiiiigggggg
photographs he has uploaded to RGO? I could comment on the quality, the
content and the general "need" for us to see these kinds of photographs to
enhance our collective knowledge of orchids. Gee, I wonder.

Do you think I should tell him?

Mick

Old 08-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Al

are they showing up here too? I'm scared. He *IS* posting them on abpo
*also*, which is where they belong.

This is a text-only newsgroup. Most servers do not pass picture files
posted here, so many of us are not going to see them in time to warn him.

He probably doesn't realize that, traditionally, picture files are not
suppose to be posted here and that some people can go absolutely freaking
nuts if they come across them in this newsgroup and burn everything down and
then cut up the remains with a really loud chainsaw.

They are nice orchid pictures (a bit big yes) and I hope he continues to
post them on alt.binaries.pictures.orchids even as he stops posting them
here where he obviously don't know the danger he is in.

t...

Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Mick Fournier

Al,

Pleeeeassseeee, just say the word.... I am dying to go freaking nuts on this
guy. In fact, I don't know if I can control myself much longer.

Mick

Old 09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Xi Wang

I believe someone has already told him the proper etiquette here, so
your email would be superfluous. If you can't control the urge, go for
a jog around the block.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 09-06-2005, 02:18 AM
GARLAND HANSON

I've already blocked him as a sender. I don't care what he does from here
on out.
Garland

BTW, please let me know though if he starts posting quality photographs, of
sensible size with the names of the plants.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Mick Fournier

Xi,

Nearly everything you say on RGO is superfluous. In case you haven't
noticed I take great pains to be courteous and stay completely out of your
threads so you do the same by staying out of mine and we will get along much
better.

Mick

=================

Old 09-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Xi Wang

Well, people have thanked me for the comments, so I don't think it's all
that superfluous.....you on the other hand.... In any case, I don't
really care who's threads you are in/not in, so long as you're not rude
about it.

PS. You're staying out of all my threads eh? Interesting. So if I
respond to every thread, you'll essentially never post anything again?

Cheers,
Xi