Old 04-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Paph sukhakulii x roebelinii

I'm very excited....Today one of my paphs that I've been growing for over 5
years has finally gone into bud! This is one of the Rand Orchid crosses.
It will be at least a month until I see what this primary hybrid looks like.

I've looked on the web for sukhakulii x roebelinii .... roebelinii it
appears is also philippinense var. robelinii (according to ladyslipper.com
although orchidspecies.com show it as a separate species.)

Does anyone know if this cross has been named? What can I expect the flower
to look like?

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 04-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:45:15 GMT, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

I'm very excited....Today one of my paphs that I've been growing for over 5
years has finally gone into bud! This is one of the Rand Orchid crosses.
It will be at least a month until I see what this primary hybrid looks like.

I've looked on the web for sukhakulii x roebelinii .... roebelinii it
appears is also philippinense var. robelinii (according to ladyslipper.com
although orchidspecies.com show it as a separate species.)

Does anyone know if this cross has been named? What can I expect the flower
to look like?

Good Growing,
Gene

My version of Wildcatt says it is not named.
SuE
Old 04-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Al

There are no named grexes that use roebelinii as a parent listed in a
Wildcat updated though Feb 2005. Perhaps the registrar does not accept it
as a separate species. After it blooms, why don't you write him and see if
he will register it for you? You would need Rand Orchid's permission of
course. Roebakulii or Sukhabelinni

sukhakulii x philippinense is registered as Paph Recovery.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Gene Schurg

Thanks Sue and Al,

A search of Paph Recovery shows that Ratcliffe Orchids has this as:

"Fast-growing golden yellow multifloral with light brown spots and stripes
and 2-4 blooms per stem, this popular remake features philippinense var.
roebbelinii 'A World of Orchids' AM/AOS and sukhakulii 'Spots'."

Now I'm off to find a picture.

Gene

Old 05-07-2005, 04:23 AM
K Barrett

I have one of these Recoverys (made with robellini) from Tonkin's Orchids.
It hasn't bloomed in a while becasue I nearly fried it when the swamp cooler
went out last year,but its recovering nicely (no pun intended) Its a nice
flower.

K Barrett