Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 PM
keith ;-\)

Default LC Daffodil

Carrying on from Cattleya Daffodil,I now know the plant to be LC Daffodil =
LC Mercia x Laelia Jongheana.So any of you guys got any info on this
one?Google search came up with suggestions but not the actual plant
name.Which I am surprised because it is a RHS registered plant,originator A
& B & DATE OF REG 1/1/1907,so i thought there would be stacks of info on
this one.Maybe I am looking in all the wrong places?

Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:19:12 GMT, "keith ;-\)"
wrote:

Carrying on from Cattleya Daffodil,I now know the plant to be LC Daffodil =
LC Mercia x Laelia Jongheana.So any of you guys got any info on this
one?Google search came up with suggestions but not the actual plant
name.Which I am surprised because it is a RHS registered plant,originator A
& B & DATE OF REG 1/1/1907,so i thought there would be stacks of info on
this one.Maybe I am looking in all the wrong places?

Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

1907 is quite a while ago. It was not awarded in the AOS system
per Wildcatt. But anything that old is probably not in the
bigger is better group that were the early awards. If RHS does
not have an award listing - I would say it is unlikely to be
around anymore -- of course someone could have remade it. But
information would be in Old articles or Old plant catalogues.
Good Luck.
SuE
Old 08-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Steve

keith ;-) wrote:

Carrying on from Cattleya Daffodil,I now know the plant to be LC Daffodil =
LC Mercia x Laelia Jongheana.So any of you guys got any info on this
one?Google search came up with suggestions but not the actual plant
name.Which I am surprised because it is a RHS registered plant,originator A
& B & DATE OF REG 1/1/1907,so i thought there would be stacks of info on
this one.Maybe I am looking in all the wrong places?

Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Well, I'm curious. Where did you see or hear of this plant that has
sparked your interest? How did you find out that it is actually a LC? Is
there a plant in your area that you have seen? Being such an old cross,
I do also wonder if any existing plants are from the original cross or a
recent remake.

Steve

Daffodil leaf shoots Charles Thorpe United Kingdom 0 03-02-2004 11:14 PM
Daffodil leaf shoots Charles Thorpe United Kingdom 0 03-02-2004 09:01 PM
Daffodil ID help Thes United Kingdom 6 19-09-2003 10:03 AM
Daffodil mystery Joe Bloggs United Kingdom 15 25-04-2003 10:08 PM
Daffodil transplant res08ouu North Carolina 1 25-04-2003 05:38 PM