Old 02-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Mythos

Default Aloe Vera plant

My wife and I recently (about a month ago) got an Aloe Vera plant from
Wal-Mart. We had one leaf that started to get very swollen at the top
and thin at the bottom. We cut off the swollen part, but the leaf seems
to be rotting from the top down now. And to top it off, we noticed that
another leaf is starting to do the same thing (swollen on top, and
thinning at the bottom). We repotted the aloe after we cut the first
leaf.

I was wondering if this is normal, and if it's not, what could be
wrong. Any advice would be very helpful (since I haven't been able to
find a thing online about it).

Old 02-09-2005, 03:33 PM
monique

Mythos wrote:
My wife and I recently (about a month ago) got an Aloe Vera plant from
Wal-Mart. We had one leaf that started to get very swollen at the top
and thin at the bottom. We cut off the swollen part, but the leaf seems
to be rotting from the top down now. And to top it off, we noticed that
another leaf is starting to do the same thing (swollen on top, and
thinning at the bottom). We repotted the aloe after we cut the first
leaf.

Rot in Aloe vera plants is often a result of over-watering. Let the
soil dry between waterings.

M. Reed
Old 02-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Mythos

We only water it once a week, and only then if the soil feels dry.
Would it be advisable to let it go another couple of days, from when we
think the soil feels dry, just to make sure?

Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
abelfranklin

Mythos a =E9crit :

My wife and I recently (about a month ago) got an Aloe Vera plant from
Wal-Mart. We had one leaf that started to get very swollen at the top
and thin at the bottom. We cut off the swollen part, but the leaf seems
to be rotting from the top down now. And to top it off, we noticed that
another leaf is starting to do the same thing (swollen on top, and
thinning at the bottom). We repotted the aloe after we cut the first
leaf.

I was wondering if this is normal, and if it's not, what could be
wrong. Any advice would be very helpful (since I haven't been able to
find a thing online about it).

DO YOU KNOW ESCHOLTZIA

Old 04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
abelfranklin

DO YOU KNOW ESCHOLTZIA
abelfranklin.com

Old 04-09-2005, 05:41 PM
abelfranklin

DO YOU KNOW ESCHOLTZIA
abelfranklin.com

Plant ID-- huge whiteish cold tolerant "aloe vera-looking" succulent Darren Garrison Gardening 7 11-07-2007 09:28 PM
Aloe Vera Plants jammer Plant Biology 13 13-11-2005 09:07 PM
aloe vera plant Tonya Heath North Carolina 0 31-03-2005 07:11 PM
Aloe Vera Plant and Freezing weather junkyardcat Gardening 20 02-03-2005 07:30 PM
Aloe vera - too soon to put outside? kate Gardening 17 25-03-2003 02:32 PM