Old 27-01-2006, 11:24 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Daphne, Cistus

I'm looking for infrageneric classifications for Daphne and Cistus. Can
anyone assist?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 28-01-2006, 05:08 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

Not easily. I can note that according to Mabberley the latest review for
/Daphne/ should be C.D.Brickell & B.Matthew (1976) and for /Cistus/,
Boisseria 4(1939)1.

The Timber Press just released a book on /Daphne/ (not seen)
PvR

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" schreef

Old 28-01-2006, 08:33 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , P van
Rijckevorsel writes
Not easily. I can note that according to Mabberley the latest review for
/Daphne/ should be C.D.Brickell & B.Matthew (1976) and for /Cistus/,
Boisseria 4(1939)1.

The Timber Press just released a book on /Daphne/ (not seen)
PvR

Thanks. I found the Robin White (Timber Press) book on Amazon: it looks
from the material made available that it doesn't go into infrageneric
classification.

Since I last looked a new paper on Cistus has appeared - Guzman &
Vargas, Systematics, character evolution, and biogeography of Cistus L.
(Cistaceae) based on ITS, trnL-trnF, and matK sequences, Mol. Phylogen.
Evol. 37(3): 644-660 - but all that is readily available is the abstract
-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&db=PubMed&lis
t_uids=16055353&dopt=Citation

Old 29-01-2006, 07:42 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" schreef in
The Timber Press just released a book on /Daphne/ (not seen)
PvR

Thanks. I found the Robin White (Timber Press) book on Amazon: it looks
from the material made available that it doesn't go into infrageneric
classification.

***
The Timber Press is pretty serious, these days, and it might be in there.
The genus is not big and half a page would cover it, and it would definitely
not make it to the blurb text. Without looking at the book it is not
possible to tell, so I thought it worthwhile to mention it.
* * *

Since I last looked a new paper on Cistus has appeared - Guzman &
Vargas, Systematics, character evolution, and biogeography of Cistus L.
(Cistaceae) based on ITS, trnL-trnF, and matK sequences, Mol. Phylogen.
Evol. 37(3): 644-660 - but all that is readily available is the abstract
-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&db=PubMed&lis
t_uids=16055353&dopt=Citation

***
This kind of analysis often does not go into the taxonomics of things.
Still, it gives you an address to inquire at.
PvR