Old 22-03-2006, 01:45 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Eric Haines

Default Improved wildflower and tree identification pages

With Spring here, I decided to make a few little improvements to my free
wildflower and tree identification programs:

http://www.realtimerendering.com/trees/trees.html for trees
http://www.realtimerendering.com/flowers/flowers.html for wildflowers

Now when you get a list of flower or tree matches, there is a "photos"
link for each, giving you access to Google's image searcher.

There are also free downloadable standalone versions (for when you
happen to be carrying your laptop in the wilderness; I really should
make a PDA version someday...).

I haven't done anything with the somewhat peculiar quiz generators for
each site, e.g. you still get peculiar questions like:

Which characteristic does a Willow have?
A. Leaves are more than 3 times as long as broad
B. Conifer fruit is Berry-like

Somehow I'm betting it's "A"... There's no knowledge in the quiz maker
to not bother mixing coniferous and deciduous trees. Still, it's kinda fun.

Enjoy,

Eric
Old 22-03-2006, 02:14 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Eric Haines

I should have mentioned: the programs are for trees and wildflowers in
the U.S. and Canada east of the Rockies. Sorry, left-coasters.

Old 22-03-2006, 11:13 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Phred

In article , Eric Haines wrote:
I should have mentioned: the programs are for trees and wildflowers in
the U.S. and Canada east of the Rockies. Sorry, left-coasters.

Not to mention the rest of the world! ;-)

Eric Haines wrote:
With Spring here, I decided to make a few little improvements to my free
wildflower and tree identification programs:

http://www.realtimerendering.com/trees/trees.html for trees
http://www.realtimerendering.com/flowers/flowers.html for wildflowers

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Wildflower and tree identification sites back online Eric[_5_] Plant Science 0 16-11-2008 05:35 PM
Blaze Improved [binary] Victor Martinez Roses 1 21-04-2004 01:05 AM
Blaze Improved [binary] Chuck Texas 1 20-04-2004 05:05 AM
new, improved pond in digging stage Heritage58 Ponds 2 13-05-2003 05:56 PM
New and hopefully improved web gallery dave weil Roses 0 01-05-2003 12:32 PM