Old 26-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Harold

Default [REQ] Identification

Dear botanist and friends,

Can someone please identify the following plant for me?
I can not find anything like it.

Thanks,

Harold

http://www.haroldweistra.nl/test/plant.html

Old 26-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Jie-san Laushi

Thanks,

Harold

http://www.haroldweistra.nl/test/plant.html

I cannot remember the genus, but that looks a bit like a plant whose common
name is Veldt Ivy -- succulent stem, ivy-like leaves. The common name suggests
it is native to South Africa.

Jie-san Laushi

Huodau lau, xuedau lau, hai you sanfen xue bulai
to email: eliminate redundancy
Old 26-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Gene Newcomb

Following up on Jie-san's lead, there are two species of the genus Senecio which
are good candidates. Unfortunately the reference I have here (A-Z Encyclopedia of
Garden Plants, American Horticultural Society) does not have pictures of either.

Senecio macroglossus common names: Cape ivy and Natal ivy.
Senecio mikanoides common names: German ivy and parlor ivy

These are similar to Senecio articulatus (Candle plant), but lack the constriction
at the end of a year's growth. All are from South Africa and environs no matter
what the common names imply.

Hope this helps a little.

Gene Newcomb
Oregon State University

Old 26-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Cereoid+10

Sorry dude, Senecio macroglossus and Senecio mikanoides are not stem
succulents.

Senecio atriculatus is the only species with both a succulent stem and
petiolate leaves. The stems are elongated (etiolated) because the plant is
being grown in poor light.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Harold

Well, thanks to your help I have managed to narrow my search down to the
Senecio family. I found this picture, wich is allmost similar to mine, only
the leaves have a slightly different shape.

http://www.hollygatecactus.co.uk/ima...ue/Sen_art.jpg

So I think it must be a different variety.

Thanks for your help sofar.

Harold

om...

Jie-san Laushi wrote:

Thanks,

Harold

http://www.haroldweistra.nl/test/plant.html

I cannot remember the genus, but that looks a bit like a plant whose

common
name is Veldt Ivy -- succulent stem, ivy-like leaves. The common name

suggests
it is native to South Africa.

Jie-san Laushi

Huodau lau, xuedau lau, hai you sanfen xue bulai
to email: eliminate redundancy

REQ: Anyone know of a good online source to buy heathers from in the UK ??? descds United Kingdom 12 07-09-2005 11:38 AM
REQ : Files & Docs On Plant Iron Deficiency : Importance and Measures Monsieur Noir Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
First aid help req! The heads fallen off our Marguerite tree [email protected] United Kingdom 0 14-04-2003 08:44 PM
gardenia help req ÑòDd¥ Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
REQ : Files & Docs On Plant Iron Deficiency : Importance and Measures Monsieur Noir Plant Science 0 01-04-2003 07:56 PM