Old 04-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Jason Lane

Default Query on plants

Can anyone tell me what plants produce the most oxygen, especially
plants that are relatively small but output a lot of oxygen? I know
about phytoplankton, but I need something on land. Thanks much.

--------
"I speak better English than this villain Bush" - Iraqi (mis)information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Cereoid-XXXXX

An algae named Chlorella!

Sorry but it doesn't grow on land.

As far as land plants go, only large tropical trees put out the most oxygen.

BTW, where can you buy plants of the "Villain Bush"?

Old 04-05-2003, 05:32 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Jason Lane schreef
Can anyone tell me what plants produce the most oxygen, especially
plants that are relatively small but output a lot of oxygen? I know
about phytoplankton, but I need something on land. Thanks much.

+ + +
I have a vague recollection of Sphagnum being mentioned. These have the
advantage that plants don't decompose (when left alone) so that the oxygen
is not reabsorbed
PvR