Old 17-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Nonsense

On the theory that Japanese identify themselves so closely with bonzai, that
they actually think of themselves as being bonsai?

What on earth are you talking about? The word banzai is a war cry, like
"Geronimo!". It has nothing whatever to do with bonsai, which is a hobby of
growing dwarf trees in pots. The Japanese don't "identify themselves" with
bonsai any more than Americans identify themselves with baseball or shopping
malls. This is silly.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 17-02-2003, 02:41 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Iris Cohen schreef
This is silly.
Iris,

+ + +
That was my point exactly, if perhaps presentented in a way that was overly
subtle for some people on the list.
PvR

Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
P van Rijckevorsel