Old 30-07-2003, 02:13 AM
robine

Default something about ADP-Glucose Pyrophosphorylase Assay

I got something very unexplainable during the ADP-Glucose
Pyrophosphorylase Assay.
The samples which i analysed were collected from the cotton (1-2
flowers open) in greenhouse, including stem, hypocotyl and taproot.
All those samples were sliced to small disks and storage in -80 degree
freezer.

The extraction solution which includes 50mM HEPES,pH7.4,5mM MgCl2, 2mM
DTT (DL-Dithiothreitol), 1mL EDTA and 0.1%Triton-X is 1mL for each
sample.

The final Assay Solution which includes 50mM HEPES,pH8.0,10mM MgCl2,
2mM DTT (DL-Dithiothreitol), 5mM ADP-glucose ,0.4mM NAD ,1.8mM PPi
(Tetrasodium pyrophosphate), 2 units phosphoglucomutase , 2 units
glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and 0.05mL extraction solution.

Final 0.9mL assay solution were placed in a Acryl-cuvette (Sarstedt)
before initiated by 0.1mL 18mM PPi.As soon as i mixed the PPi with the
solution together, sometimes there were percipition in the cuvette ,
heavily or little, sometimes there were no percipition in the cuvette
at all. Everything is the same but the extracted sample. I cannot
explain why this happened. If i mixed the solution in a glass test
tube, there always had percipiton in the test tube!

can anyone give me some clues to figure it out?
Old 30-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Don't you just hate when that happens?

Who here is a biochemistry expert?

Who can prognosticate how heavy the precipitation will be? (or is that
percipition?)

How mimsy are the borogoves?

m...

Old 31-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Donald Roop

Just guessing, I would say dirt. Some pertipitents will not form unless
there is something to start on, sometimes called a damon. Off the top of my
head I would think test tubes would be dirtier, we're talking micrograms
here, than a cuvette.

The borogoves have been gimbeling on the waybe too much.

m...

Old 31-07-2003, 03:05 AM
Iris Cohen

can anyone give me some clues to figure it out?

The mome raths outgrabe.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 31-07-2003, 05:16 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Now, that says it all!!!!

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!

Just let Rinkytink argue over that!!!!

Old 01-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Craig

robine wrote:
[...]

do you wash your glass test tubes in a dish washer? our old one didn't
rinse well. so glass often had a bit of a detergent residue. your
plastic cuvettes would be more disposable. have a look if you get
percipitation on a new plastic cuvette.
are the tubes or PPi chilled? i think some surfactants percipitate when
cool - SDS will very quickly in the fridge don't know about triton.
is it a large flaky percipitate (probably surfacant), white snotty
(protein/sugar) or clear (could be DNA)?

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=102300
these people used more buffering 100mM HEPES?

craig

Old 04-08-2003, 03:12 AM
robine

the glass test tubes are for one time use. so everytime i used a brand
new test tube. for the plastic cuvette, they are also new. so i do not
think it is the problem for the test tube or cuvette themselve.

Old 04-08-2003, 03:13 AM
robine

the glass test tubes are for one time use. so everytime i used a brand
new test tube. for the plastic cuvette, they are also new. so i do not
think it is the problem for the test tube or cuvette themselve.

do you wash your glass test tubes in a dish washer? our old one didn't
rinse well. so glass often had a bit of a detergent residue. your
plastic cuvettes would be more disposable. have a look if you get
percipitation on a new plastic cuvette.
are the tubes or PPi chilled? i think some surfactants percipitate when
cool - SDS will very quickly in the fridge don't know about triton.
is it a large flaky percipitate (probably surfacant), white snotty
(protein/sugar) or clear (could be DNA)?

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=102300
these people used more buffering 100mM HEPES?

craig

[IBC] Glucose and stuff Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 03-06-2003 10:20 PM
[IBC] Glucose Alan Walker Bonsai 1 03-06-2003 08:32 AM
Glucose Theo Bonsai 0 02-06-2003 03:45 PM
Is something like this useful? animaux Texas 9 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
[IBC] Crassula something? Jay Sinclair Bonsai 1 24-02-2003 08:10 PM