Old 21-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Minou J. Safiarian

Default Viola x wittrockiana

help me!!!!!

I have to write an essay about cross-breeding of V. lutea, etc. to
Viola x wittrockiana...

I cannot find any Information about this genetic-issue...

Woul be nice, if anybody could help me... THANKS
Old 21-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Most likely the teacher gave you the assignment to test your
resourcefulness.

There are many ways to find the info online that will help you begin your
search.

You will still need to go to the library to find the actual articles on the
subject.

Have you done a google search or searched the various botanical databases
online yet?

You should be asking yourself questions like:

Where was the name Viola x wittrockiana published and by whom?

What has been written on the genetics of Viola?

om...

Old 25-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Minou J. Safiarian

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message y.com...
[...]

I have already started my search... I went to the library and looked
for any kind of information with the help from our librarian... we
searched for a book throughout Germany, but could not find anything!!!
I already know about Wittrock and his cross-breedings and the whole
historical development...
The only genetic-information I got, was about shaping of features
(collor and hony-spot)...

It's at least a beginning, but it' not enough!!!

Viola Irish Molly Clive60 United Kingdom 0 22-07-2005 10:34 PM
Viola Iris Cohen Plant Science 1 23-08-2003 07:22 AM
Viola and cleistogamy Cereoid-UR12- Plant Science 0 23-08-2003 04:33 AM
Viola Iris Cohen Plant Science 0 22-08-2003 07:42 PM
ISO....... Viola Freckles and Rant about how "cute" wild strawberries are Purchgdss Gardening 1 14-04-2003 01:32 AM