Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default any benefit for a fruit orchard to have a marmot (groundhog)

My place seems rife for marmots. Whether it is the pond in the corner,
or whether it is the nearby cornfields, or whether it is lack of dogs or
whether
it is the outbuildings.

Can someone tell me if marmots have any beneficial affect on a fruit
orchard or are they utter pests.

I wonder if badgers kill marmots, and whether I should be looking for
some badgers and introduce them into my area to clear out the marmots.

Anyone have any experience with these animals.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies