Old 01-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default killing a creature fast is a lessor sin any benefit for a fruit

Sturla Molden wrote:

Sorry Pluto, badgers don't eat marmots. You don't want badgers
in your garden. They are a pest too. They dig up your lawn searching
for worms. Cats, dogs or ferrets are much safer bets if marmots
are bothering you.

S.M.

Actually, I am not all feeling that well today because I trapped the marmot
and
then drowned it. This was in response to finding that the marmot had invaded
my garage and not only the out-buildings. They seem to love underneath
concrete slabs. Why, I don't know. But upon seeing this activity, I decided
to trap the marmot and drown it.

I believe when we go to Heaven, we are made to account for instances such as
this. And given de-merits. And if enough de-merits end up going to Hell
instead.

I am wondering if the death of a animal or creature, or even a human can be
asserted that if the death is fast and quick that it has some moral redeeming
features.

It is bad to kill an insect if you squish it out of existence in a mere
fraction of a second. Now here, now gone. But to put a creature to death slow
and painful and agonizing is evil and sinful. Fast execution is acceptable
and a slow torture is
never acceptable.

Perhaps I had justifiable reasons for killing this marmot, but only if I had
done it
swiftly without any pain to the marmot. Drowning death is sort of fast but
not fast enough, and to see the poor guy darting around inside the trap
before plonked into the water.

I guess alot of people poison marmots, or gas them, but that is painful also
but
they do not have to witness the death.

Has anyone made any sort of moral or ethical claims as to the speed of death
and whether that lessens the event.

Also, the last time I killed a wild animal, then I had a series of bad luck
with some stocks I held at that time. So this time I will be monitoring
closely as to
whether the hand of God is going to throw me some signs as to my bad
behaviour.

The way I look at it, today I did great harm to a marmot but I did great good

to a spruce tree where I buried the marmot. Also, I believe that when we
commit
such acts of murder on creatures, that they should be buried and that if you
just
kill them that your de-merit once you reach Heaven is a big de-merit.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Old 02-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Iris Cohen

If that is the only thing you have to worry about, you are a very lucky person.
Knock it off.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."