Old 20-09-2003, 07:03 AM
whiteMemphis

Default root system of cactus please.

Hello,

I am making a cactus/succulent garden & I would appreciate any advice on
the type of root systems of the above plants. The soil I have is pretty
much clayey, so I am getting in some sandy loam & making runnels filled with
gravel for drainage. I'd like to know how deep the sandy loam mix should be
so the roots are kept well out of the clay, do they have a tap root or
surface spreading fibrous roots? once I know this, I can apply the new soil
to a depth that the cacti will be happy with, I have several cereus, barrel
cacti & other types. thanks any info.

Old 20-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

You are asking in the wrong place.

You will find websites with info on cactus & succulent care listed in the
Cactus Mall.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/