Old 15-12-2003, 06:33 AM
Iris Cohen

Default Fibonacci Proportions

And if the tree should grow half an inch?
Oh right, you cut it down to size ...

Stop being silly. A bonsai is a living and evolving work of art. It may be kept
approximately the same size for years. The grower may choose a different front,
may let it grow larger, or may cut it back & make it smaller, then repot it in
a different pot, just as a curator may sometimes put a painting in a different
frame.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 15-12-2003, 04:37 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Iris Cohen schreef
Stop being silly. A bonsai is a living and evolving work of art. It may be

kept approximately the same size for years. The grower may choose a
different front, may let it grow larger, or may cut it back & make it
smaller, then repot it in a different pot, just as a curator may sometimes
put a painting in a different frame.

+ + +
A curious comparison. Whenever the owner of a work of art wants to change
something about it for example to fit it into a frame or close spot he is
likely to get sued by the artist, who regards this as defamation of the work
and an infringement of copyright.
PvR

Old 15-12-2003, 09:42 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

To stay with the topic of stunted old trees, I have been wondering how it
goes with the efforts to grow Argania spinosa in Israel on a scale allowing
commercial harvesting of oil?
PvR