Old 17-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Bpjea

Default Crescentia

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
[...] The difference should be in the size of the fruits: [...]

I'm going to ask the person who's taken these pictures about the size of the
fruits.
It's hard to guess judging just of the picture.

Greetings,
Bpjea

Old 17-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Bpjea

"rjb" wrote in message

# 04 looks like the fruit cluster of some Attalea palm. [...]
Perhaps Attalea tessmannii?

You gave me at least some base for further search, thanks

Your picture 7 is a stand of palms too far away for me to recognize.

In Europe it's like that, that one can easyly identify a tree just standing
50 m away from it (because there's not so many species here)(of course not
every tree).

Maybe
an Oenocarpus or Euterpe. Can't really say anything about the palm in pic
8. My profession is plasma-physics and my hobby is beetles.

I know something about it I'm not doing in plants profesionally. I've
studied electrical engineering

I'm surprised you don't get more response from real
plant people.

I'm glad that at least You've been so helpful

Greetings,
Bpjea

Old 27-01-2004, 09:24 PM
mel turner

In article , un'x'-zpowoduspamu
[Bpjea] wrote...

"Bpjea" (usun 'x' - z powodu spamu) wrote in message

[snip]
2.) Origin: Iquitos, Peru
http://www.geocities.com/drzewa98/zdjecia/no_id02.jpg

Try Bixa orellana for #2. The photo makes the fruit look much too
big, but I think that may be an illusion from it being closer to
the camera. The leaves and twigs are very similar to Bixa's, as
would be the fruit if it is only a few cm across.

Note also the out-of-focus leaf-legged bug in your photo.

For comparison:

http://www.77flowersea.com/myphoto/03summer/03fp197.htm

[snip]
cheers