Old 21-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Allelopathy

Is anyone familiar with allelopathy in Juncus? I am especially interested in J.
maximowiczii. (I Googled already; nothing on that species.)
Iris
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 21-01-2004, 07:26 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Iris Cohen schreef
Is anyone familiar with allelopathy in Juncus? I am especially interested

in J.maximowiczii. (I Googled already; nothing on that species.)

+ + +
Don't ask me. If I now make a plan to dig up the necessary "research papers"
it will easily be 2050 before my priorities allow me to get to them.
PvR

Old 22-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Peter Jason

Try......

http://www.arboretum.harvard.edu/pro...arnoldia/a.pdf"target=_blankimg
src=http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/s/nw.gif height=11 width=11 border=0
align=absbottom vspace=1 hspace=4 alt="Open this result in new window

Descriptors: Pennsylvania; Populus trichocarpa; Populus maximowiczii;
Hybrids; Weed Cabt; Triticum aestivum; Glycine max; Allelopathy;
Germination; Bioassays

Rank: ±65

Yahoo!

http://iufro.boku.ac.at/iufro/congre...062700.prn.pdf"target=_blankimg
src=http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/s/nw.gif height=11 width=11 border=0
align=absbottom vspace=1 hspace=4 alt="Open this result in new window

Also, P. maximowiczii x trichocarpa and P. deltoides x P. trichocarpa of red
alder and black cottonwood: growth, coppicing, nitrogen fixation, and
allelopathy.

Rank: ±65

Yahoo!

http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~ygpark/study_01.html

::Park Young-Goo's Homepages::

transposable element in P. nigra x maximowiczii using agrobacterium Recent
Advances in Allelopathy - A Science for the Future.

Rank: ±65

Teoma

http://bh.kyungpook.ac.kr/~ygpark/study_01.html

::Park Young-Goo's Homepages::

x maximowiczii using agrobacterium microorganisms growth. Recent Advances in
Allelopathy - A Science for the Future. Vol.1 (Edited Molinillo and
H.G.Cutler) International Allelopathy Society. 81-90 65. Son,H.S., S.M.Choi

Rank: ±67

Lycos

http://rose0.knu.ac.kr/~forest/prof.html

??? ????

Somatic embryogensis in Poplars(Populus nira L. x P. maximowiczii Henry).
Allelopathy ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??; ?1? ??Allelopathy

Rank: ±67

Yahoo!

http://bh.kyungpook.ac.kr/~ygpark/englishhome/4.htm

???? ????

from protoplasts of Populus nigra x P. maximowiczii leaf mesophyll
International Symposium Allelopathy in Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and
Environment.

Rank: ±65

Yahoo!

http://www.arboretum.harvard.edu/pro...arnoldia/a.pdf

A Cumulative Index to Arnoldia, 1970-2000

93; (47) [2] 12; (48) [1] 5 - x marocana (48) [1] 40 - maximowiczii (47) [2
Michael A. Dirr and John H. Alexander III (51) [4] 43-46 Allelopathy (44)
[1] 3

Rank: ±65

AOL

http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~ygpark/englishhome/4.htm

¹Ãs¿ë±¸Ã?Ã? Ã^¨Ã?äÃ?ÃOÃö

from protoplasts of Populus nigra x P. maximowiczii leaf mesophyll cultured
International Symposium Allelopathy in Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry
Spain 1st World Allelopathy Congress in Cadiz, 15 - 20 August, 1996

Rank: ±67

Lycos

http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/AFSIC_pubs/qb94-52.htm

Cultural and Mechanical Weed Control

Pennsylvania; Populus trichocarpa; Populus maximowiczii; Hybrids; Weed
control; Mechanical methods Cabt; Triticum aestivum; Glycine max;
Allelopathy; Germination; Bioassays; Phenolic acids

Rank: ±65

WISEnut

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/si...richocarpa.htm

Populus trichocarpa To rr

was developed in England (24). Also, P. maximowiczii x trichocarpa and P.
deltoides x P growth, coppicing, nitrogen fixation, and allelopathy. Forest
Science 31(3):607-616. Heilman, P. E

Rank: ±65

WISEnut

http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~ygpark/englishhome/8.htm

Tissue Culture of Tree Species for somatic embryogenesis of

....x ... maximowiczii ... using ... Agrobacterium tumefaciens ... Recent
Advances in Allelopathy - A Science for the Future.

Rank: ±65

Ask Jeeves

http://bh.kyungpook.ac.kr/~ygpark/englishhome/8.htm

Untitled

Genetic transformation of Populus nigra x maximowiczii using Agrobacterium
tumefaciens harboring on microorganisms growth. Recent Advances in
Allelopathy - A Science for the Future. Vol.1 (Edited by

Rank: ±65

WISEnut

Old 22-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Gaiawar

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message .. .
Iris Cohen schreef
Is anyone familiar with allelopathy in Juncus? I am especially interested

in J.maximowiczii. (I Googled already; nothing on that species.)

+ + +
Don't ask me. If I now make a plan to dig up the necessary "research papers"
it will easily be 2050 before my priorities allow me to get to them.
PvR

You ladies should be ashamed of yourselves for being rude to Etienne.
Who are you to place upon yourselves the role of arbiter? it is better
that you be silent rather than to speak and confirm your shallow
ignorance
of reality.

Ignore them, Etienne, they ain't got no swamp mud under their
toenails. e.g. They've never skulled a pirogue through the Mississippi
swamps and gathered the flora.
You will find here in this group the letter of the science, but the
spirit has forsaken it.

-Gaia's War

Old 22-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Hey Gawkward,

Why don't you go back to playing with your feng shui while you look at porn
with your webtv toy?

Gaiawar wrote in message
om...
"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message

.. .
Iris Cohen schreef

Old 22-01-2004, 11:42 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Gaiawar schreef
It is better that you be silent rather than to speak and confirm your

shallow ignorance of reality.

+ + +
By speaking up and confirming my "shallow ignorance of reality" at least
Iris knows where she is at. Of course anybody to whom allelopathy in Juncus
maximowiczii is a life-fulfilling issue is free to pitch in.
+ + +

You will find here in this group the letter of the science, but the

spirit has forsaken it.

+ + +
Actually, letters are the only thing you will find in the NG.
PvR

Old 23-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Even though Gawkward pretends to be an arrogant troll, he is still an inept
fluffboy webtver that performs oral homopathy (without the "e") at public
rest stops.

If Gawkward had even the faintest clue what reality actually is, he would
have a real computer instead of the lame toy he uses.

Old 23-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Iris Cohen

Of course anybody to whom allelopathy in
Juncus
maximowiczii is a life-fulfilling issue is free to pitch in. BRBR

If it were of no importance whatever, I would not have asked. It happens that
J. maximowiczii is a nice little companion plant for bonsai. However, I
discovered that if I planted it in the same pot with a bonsai group, once the
rush clump reached a significant size (2-3"), the nearest tree became ill. I
think I actually lost one. A Google search revealed that other Juncus species
have allelopathy, so I am assuming this one does too. From now on, I will
display it in a separate pot.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

[IBC] Allelopathy Alert Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 21-01-2004 10:05 PM
Allelopathy Alert Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 21-01-2004 04:38 PM
Allelopathy Alert Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 21-01-2004 04:03 PM