Old 26-08-2004, 08:37 PM
mizar.ma

Default strange tree in Geece

Hello
I am looking for translation of name of a tree, saw at Kos island, Greece,
called by Greek " ALMIRIHTRA". It grows close to sea shore.
Some one can help me in translation from Greek to English ?
Thank You

Mizar

Old 27-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Willi

mizar.ma wrote:
Hello
I am looking for translation of name of a tree, saw at Kos island, Greece,
called by Greek " ALMIRIHTRA". It grows close to sea shore.
Some one can help me in translation from Greek to English ?
Thank You

Mizar

Mizar,
'almyros' means 'salty', 'bitter', 'from the sea', as I found in my
Ancient-Greek dictonary. I hope that helps you.

Willi

Old 27-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Alan Proctor

Can you give us some more clues?

What does the tree look like?

Did you see the name in print?

Old 27-08-2004, 10:58 PM
mizar.ma

Thanks a lot Alan

Yes , I have seen the name in print , exactly as written by me here. It was
written by the greek garderer.
The tree start from the ground with a trunk of about 50 cm diameter, then
after about 3 meter, share into two smaller trunk and after about 6 to 8
meters branch and leaf appear. I took a picture but the shape of the leaf is
not readeable.

By Mizar