Old 06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Phred

Default Screw the loggers

In article , xtremegreen wrote:
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:37:47 +1000, Prudence wrote:

Indeed, retrain them for new and exciting Tassie industries
like whaling, or innovative products like tuna free dolphin
meat.

Fishfarming is a BIG industry in Tasmania. Trees make oxygen and you have
to have it. No more attacking your life support system Prudence or you'll
end up like Tony Abbott.

Trees aren't the only things that "make" oxygen. (Well at least make
it available in molecular form.)

It could well be argued that a paddock of dense growth of weeds
and/or grasses would make more nett oxygen available to the poor
bloody dependent animals like us, than an equivalent area of trees.
(And it would be interesting to compare the figures for regrowth
forest versus "old growth" in this sense.)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 07-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:50:28 +0000, Phred wrote:

In article , xtremegreen
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:37:47 +1000, Prudence wrote:

Indeed, retrain them for new and exciting Tassie industries like
whaling, or innovative products like tuna free dolphin meat.

Fishfarming is a BIG industry in Tasmania. Trees make oxygen and you have
to have it. No more attacking your life support system Prudence or you'll
end up like Tony Abbott.

Trees aren't the only things that "make" oxygen. (Well at least make it
available in molecular form.)

It could well be argued that a paddock of dense growth of weeds and/or
grasses would make more nett oxygen available to the poor bloody dependent
animals like us, than an equivalent area of trees. (And it would be
interesting to compare the figures for regrowth forest versus "old growth"
in this sense.)

Trees are more inportant for temputure and weather control of the earth
than oxygen creation. Half of the oxygen created on earth is done so by
phytoplankton. I wonder what the total out put of O2 is from green plants
vs. trees. Anyone have that information..?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...oplankton.html

Old 07-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Peter Jason

newsan.2004.10.07.01.03.31.572384@REMOVETOREPLYc omcast.net...

wrote:
[...]

All the hot air over this subject probably has been enough to raise the sea
levels 10 feet!

If the earth ever becomes an arid wasteland we can all grow cactii.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Timothy

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:57:27 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

cut
Trees are more inportant for temputure and weather control of the earth
than oxygen creation. Half of the oxygen created on earth is done so by
phytoplankton. I wonder what the total out put of O2 is from green
plants vs. trees. Anyone have that information..?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...oplankton.html

All the hot air over this subject probably has been enough to raise the
sea levels 10 feet!

If the earth ever becomes an arid wasteland we can all grow cactii.

Great idea. I great to see a man with a plan!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Peter Jason

"Timothy" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.07.14.09.33.746138@REMOVETOREPLYc omcast.net...
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:57:27 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

cut
Trees are more inportant for temputure and weather control of the earth
than oxygen creation. Half of the oxygen created on earth is done so by
phytoplankton. I wonder what the total out put of O2 is from green
plants vs. trees. Anyone have that information..?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...oplankton.html

All the hot air over this subject probably has been enough to raise the
sea levels 10 feet!

If the earth ever becomes an arid wasteland we can all grow cactii.

Great idea. I great to see a man with a plan!!!

Thank you. Then with all those nice cactii spouting everywhere, the seas
will fall and the icecaps will increase and blizzards will freeze our nuts
off, then the fundamentalist Greens will be happy.

5000K screw in for planted tank - DIY Canopy C-FYMP Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 02-02-2004 08:46 PM
(Long) Study says federal aid was little boon to loggers mike hagen alt.forestry 0 24-01-2003 11:44 PM
Loggers displaced in 1990s left behind, study finds Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 1 13-01-2003 05:06 PM
loggers D McKenney alt.forestry 4 29-10-2002 10:29 AM
Loggers are shit. Loggers suck. worm alt.forestry 0 19-10-2002 12:48 PM