Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Jeremiah

Default Euctalyputs and mushrooms Australians especially please read

There is a world wide invasion of euctalyptus trees. In the US the
people dont do anything with them, here in South America they are used
for lumber but I am a mycologist and one thing I cant help but notice
is that though the trees are everywhere, the mushrooms that are
supposed to be with the trees are not. Well I would like to look into
changing that.
First off I would like to ask for any information people have on
mushrooms in Australia wich grow either mmichorizacly or on the litter
of euctlyptus trees . I know if a few that are native tto the lands
euctalyptus has invaded wich find themselves compatible to them but
usually the edible iones become inedible. I am interested in ay
australian mushrooms wich are edible(and remain so when grown on
euctalyptus),psychadelic, or medicinal wich grow on the euctalyptus ad
I am interested in aquiring spores or spawn bags of these mushrooms.I
think that the natural selective fungasides also may reduce
contamination chances with controlled cultivation
I am at the moment particularly interested in Psilocybe eucalypta .
so anyone who encounters this mushroom and is willing to send a spore
print please email me or reply .
Any comments would be greatly appreciated
Jeremiah