Old 06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Jeremiah

Default Euctalyputs and mushrooms Australians especially please read

There is a world wide invasion of euctalyptus trees. In the US the
people dont do anything with them, here in South America they are used
for lumber but I am a mycologist and one thing I cant help but notice
is that though the trees are everywhere, the mushrooms that are
supposed to be with the trees are not. Well I would like to look into
changing that.
First off I would like to ask for any information people have on
mushrooms in Australia wich grow either mmichorizacly or on the litter
of euctlyptus trees . I know if a few that are native tto the lands
euctalyptus has invaded wich find themselves compatible to them but
usually the edible iones become inedible. I am interested in ay
australian mushrooms wich are edible(and remain so when grown on
euctalyptus),psychadelic, or medicinal wich grow on the euctalyptus ad
I am interested in aquiring spores or spawn bags of these mushrooms.I
think that the natural selective fungasides also may reduce
contamination chances with controlled cultivation
I am at the moment particularly interested in Psilocybe eucalypta .
so anyone who encounters this mushroom and is willing to send a spore
print please email me or reply .
Any comments would be greatly appreciated
Jeremiah
Old 06-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Jan Prejbisz

I have a gut feeling that the essential oils present in the leaves, bark,
and those funny flying saucer looking fruit are anti-fungal.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Jeremiah

I have just learned of three Psilocybe speciaes wich grow on
Euctalypus , unless some sort of active gymnopilus grows on
Euctalyptus that tkes care of the psychadelic part , anyone who can
send spores or tissue cutlture of these mushrroms please contact me.
Psilocybe australiana
Psilocybe eucalypta
Psilocybe subaeruginosa
If there are any good edibles that like euctalyptus or medicinals
heck even useless poisonous ones I would like to know about them and
see if I can get them to grow amongst the huge eucalyptus population
in South America.
Thanks in advance,
Jeremiah
Old 07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered User

I know of psilocybe eucalypta and it grows well under wood mulch, be it eucalyptus or pine bark. The species though prefer the cold so if your part of brazil is hot then they might not grow. There are so many species of eucalyptus it would be interesting to know the exact effect particular eucalyptus species leaf and wood debris make on the mushroom species.

I find them in botanical gardens on mulch near sprinklers...

These species are a potent psilocybin mushroom