Old 23-05-2005, 11:42 PM
David Pendleton

Default Please help identify this plant

http://members.tcq.net/davepen/images/DSC00053.JPG
http://members.tcq.net/davepen/images/DSC00052.JPG
http://members.tcq.net/davepen/images/DSC00051.JPG

I'm thinking Sarracenia, but I can't find a picture of anything like it.

Thanks all.

--
ROT-13 my email address to reply directly

Old 24-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Scott Ranger

You've got a Jack-in-the-pulpit, Arisaema triphyllum.

Scott

--

We'll be building houses in Zambia, Africa, June 24 to July 15!
Habitat for Humanity Global Village Home Page http://www.habitat.org/GV/

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to
prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and both commonly succeed, and
are right" H.L. Mencken

Old 27-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Lise

looks to me like what we call "Petit Prêcheur" in French, or "Jack in the
Pulpit" or "Indian Turnip" in English. One of the scientific names would be
"Arisema Atrorubens" [(Aiton) Blume], but yours looks white

--
Lise

==========================

Old 28-05-2005, 08:47 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

"Lise" schreef
looks to me like what we call "Petit Prêcheur" in French, or "Jack in the

Pulpit" or "Indian Turnip" in English. One of the scientific names would
be "Arisema Atrorubens" [(Aiton) Blume], but yours looks white

***
Apparently /Arisaema atrorubens/ is only dubiously distinct from the better
known /Arisaema triphyllum/.
http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/...saematrip.html

There are some 150 /Arisaema/ species (Mabberley 2002), ranging through
E.Africa-Arabia-Asia-N.America-Mexico
The (striped) spathe varies in color, shades of purple-pink-green-white
http://botu07.bio.uu.nl/arisaema/
http://www.aroid.org/genera/arisaema/herold/

A nice spectacular one
http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk...6/1?RA=tiscali