Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Jeanne

Default Koi Clay

Hi Guys......

I have read the koi clay site. Seems it cures everything from koi bulimia
to koi hangnails. But the site is pushing that product so the claims are
natural enough. Now I need some answers as to koi clay side effects. (1)
Does it kill string algae? My koi enjoy rooting through string algae for
pond life and I wouldn't want to kill it all. And the goldfish fry hide
there. (2) Where does all the clay end up or does it stay in suspension? A
comment in the site mentions "... so that it can be cleaned up in your
mechanical filter." I don't have a mechanical filter. So does it settle on
the bottom some day? (3) Does it change water quality - pH, hardness, etc -
both pH & hardness are marginally high now in my pond. (4) How can it kill
algae (plants) without injuring lotus & lilies (plants)? Does it harm pond
life? I would guess not since it helps fish in some way. (5) It says one
can't overdo the koi clay dose except to give a milky affect that goes away
in time. My pond is 6500 gallons. What would be the optimum dose there
just to clear up the slight green algae suspension - not a real duck-pond
look but not crystal clear like it is in the winter. I don't need any
health effects for my fish from koi clay since they all eat well and don't
have any problems.....

Anyone that can help out with this information would be a dear friend for
life or whatever.....
Cheers,
Bruce

Koi Clay Ed Schwing Ponds 4 07-02-2004 06:46 PM
Koi clay- Joan Ponds 2 30-08-2003 09:22 PM
Koi Clay ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 9 26-06-2003 10:32 PM
Koi Clay effect on Biofilters??? Steve J. Noll Ponds 2 14-04-2003 02:11 PM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 09:32 PM