Old 06-04-2007, 05:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Frog Story for the day

Dave Barry Exposes Frog Epidemic!

It's getting worse. When I say "it," I am referring to the worldwide epidemic of frogs showing up in food, which I documented recently, describing two worldwide incidents, one involving a frog baked onto a pretzel, and the other involving a frog in a frozen Chicken Cantonese dinner.........

But the point is that we're having an epidemic, and until it's over,
you should be very careful about what you eat. You should consume only
those foods that it would be difficult for reptiles or amphibians to
hide in. Probably your safest bet is to eat nothing but M&Ms. And even
then, you should steer clear of the green ones.

Read the whole story he
http://poly.union.rpi.edu/article_vi...ew=5428&part=1

k :-)

Old 06-04-2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:59:08 CST, "kthirtya" wrote:

Dave Barry Exposes Frog Epidemic!
Read the whole story he
http://poly.union.rpi.edu/article_vi...ew=5428&part=1

LOL! That was pretty funny, now we know where the frogs are going. Must
have been what happened to mine night before last.

Yesterday, when I went out to check the lilies for their dividing needs
(thankfully on 2 needed it) and to feed them, I found one basket from the
shelf had been pushed off and had slid to the bottom. Thankfully it stayed
up right and was no worst for wear. Another small pot was knocked over and
one lotus tub had definitely been danced in. Not that I could see foot
prints, and maybe there is a logical explanation now for the lacking
thereof, but it had had old stems sticking up throughout the pot. Those
stems were now mostly missing.

I now surmise that it wasn't a passing raccoon but the anti-frogs neighbors
have turned me over to the local Cantonese restaurant entrepreneurs. I
noted last night, the frogs were not as active, in fact I only remember a
croak or two, before my over-yard-worked body fell fast to sleep. I bet
those employees knew I'd blame a little masked critter over men, by simply
turning over a pot or two, and prodding around in a lotus pot.

They're in for a wet surprised during the next roundup as we attached the
motion sprinkler and have it turned on HI. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: