Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Raised Pond Wall

I am going to build a slight raised pond, about6 12 in above the
ground. I would like decorative walling and would like to know if I
should make the "wall" double skinned, with concrete block on the
inside?.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Hello lawrence!

Our next pond will be a raised pond and
this sounds like what my DH plans to do.

Also we want to make the wall wide enough
for a grandchild to sit on and feed the fish.

k :-)
http://tinyurl.com/6bguh ~ new pond keeper info
http://tinyurl.com/yp64db ~ slide show of pond

Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

" wrote:

I am going to build a slight raised pond, about6 12 in above the
ground. I would like decorative walling and would like to know if I
should make the "wall" double skinned, with concrete block on the
inside?.

When you say decorative walling, do you mean like tile? If so then yes, you
will need to make a concrete block, or poured concrete wall to attach the
tile to. I would also add pond liner to the inside and bottom.

If you mean just nicely placed stones and plants, then I would just use
liner.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article . com,
k wrote:

Hello lawrence!

Our next pond will be a raised pond and
this sounds like what my DH plans to do.

Also we want to make the wall wide enough
for a grandchild to sit on and feed the fish.

My pond is designed so the fish can eat them if they get too close ;-)

Old 02-06-2007, 05:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.
http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Also we want to make the wall wide enough
for a grandchild to sit on and feed the fish.

My pond is designed so the fish can eat them if they get too close ;-)

ak!
chortle!

k :-)

Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
"Pat" wrote:

Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.
http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

That's a lake, not a pond!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

A decretive wall, you could go to the local landscaping place and get
something along the E.P Henry line. EPH is $$ but there are other companies
that make wall block that look nice.
oups.com...

Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

That's really something!
Thanks for posting that series of pictures.

k :-)

Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 22:42:33 CST, "Pat"
wrote:

Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.
http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

Wow! I like it very much! Can't wait to see future pictures. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 04-06-2007, 05:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote:

Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.
http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

Wow! I like it very much! Can't wait to see future pictures. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Lovely. An astonishing amount of work required for a home DIY
project. Thanks for showing it to us. I like the differences in the
colours of the blocks you used, too. A nice added bit of pretty. And
putting the liner between the double blocks makes for much more well
done look, too.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Old 04-06-2007, 05:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

wrote:

Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.
http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

Wow! I like it very much! Can't wait to see future pictures. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

This was last years project. The pond finished a few days after these
pictures and has been working fine for the last year. I capped the wall
with 2 foot square stepping stones. Just the right height to sit on. Never
took any more pictures.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Lovely. An astonishing amount of work required for a home DIY
project. Thanks for showing it to us. I like the differences in the
colours of the blocks you used, too. A nice added bit of pretty. And
putting the liner between the double blocks makes for much more well
done look, too.
--

30,000 pounds of block.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:39:49 CST, "Pat"
wrote:

This was last years project. The pond finished a few days after these
pictures and has been working fine for the last year. I capped the wall
with 2 foot square stepping stones. Just the right height to sit on. Never
took any more pictures.

Well time to get back out there snapping, you've piqued our
appetites. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jun 1, 10:42 pm, "Pat" wrote:
Here some pictures of my wall going up. It is two bricks thick with the
liner between.http://20d.us/PondWebPage/

WOW!

W Dale

Rate This Thread: