Old 03-07-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Default OT ~ iphone ad

Just made note of the fact that the ads
for the iphone open with a picture of a
waterlily. May not be able to afford one
of those fancy phones but I do have the
real thing in my pond!

k :-)

Old 04-07-2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
k wrote:

Just made note of the fact that the ads
for the iphone open with a picture of a
waterlily. May not be able to afford one
of those fancy phones but I do have the
real thing in my pond!

k :-)

More appropriate that it's a lotus flower, which thrives in a muddy
swamp. Great metaphor.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Lotus, says k, lotus?
(Someday I will tell you the sad story
of k and the pursuit of a lotus flower)
I'm thinking, are we sure it is a lotus?
You have started me on a mission...!
And I dragged youngest son in too.
We went and found the flower and by golly,
I think we have a conumdrum

http://tinyurl.com/39v5n3

It does look like a lotus.
But it is down on the water.
Just a bit raised, actually, which made
me think it might be a tropical lily.
But not a lotus as they always are way
above the water....? Like their leaves.

And then we started thinking - this is the
advertising world! Since when do they bother
with the truth? They might just have photo
shopped in a lotus close to the water as it
looks so pretty.

I did find a bunch of funny utube snippets
about iphone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6xMHK4t50
This one is so on if you live surrounded by
teenage - 20ish males as I do from time to time.
Be warned it is rather raw.

k :-)

Old 04-07-2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
k wrote:

Lotus, says k, lotus?
(Someday I will tell you the sad story
of k and the pursuit of a lotus flower)
I'm thinking, are we sure it is a lotus?
You have started me on a mission...!
And I dragged youngest son in too.
We went and found the flower and by golly,
I think we have a conumdrum

http://tinyurl.com/39v5n3

It does look like a lotus.
But it is down on the water.
Just a bit raised, actually, which made
me think it might be a tropical lily.
But not a lotus as they always are way
above the water....? Like their leaves.

And then we started thinking - this is the
advertising world! Since when do they bother
with the truth? They might just have photo
shopped in a lotus close to the water as it
looks so pretty.

Hard to say, but you are right, lotus would be more out of the water.

I did find a bunch of funny utube snippets
about iphone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6xMHK4t50
This one is so on if you live surrounded by
teenage - 20ish males as I do from time to time.
Be warned it is rather raw.

That's okay - I never grew up.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

k wrote:

Lotus, says k, lotus?
(Someday I will tell you the sad story
of k and the pursuit of a lotus flower)
I'm thinking, are we sure it is a lotus?
You have started me on a mission...!
And I dragged youngest son in too.
We went and found the flower and by golly,
I think we have a conumdrum

http://tinyurl.com/39v5n3

It does look like a lotus.
But it is down on the water.
Just a bit raised, actually, which made
me think it might be a tropical lily.
But not a lotus as they always are way
above the water....? Like their leaves.

Looks like a lily to me, but not really enough context for a good ID. The
only visible leaves appear to be on the water surface, though.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated

Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

I suppose one of us could scrape together
the $600+ and buy one and study it up
close but I'd rather spend that money on
a new deck - all the better to view the pond
with - where I have real lilies. (Lotus, much
to my chagrin, is a plant that will not cooperate
with me!)

k :-)

Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:14:30 CST, k wrote:

I suppose one of us could scrape together
the $600+ and buy one and study it up
close but I'd rather spend that money on
a new deck - all the better to view the pond
with - where I have real lilies. (Lotus, much
to my chagrin, is a plant that will not cooperate
with me!) k :-)

Just read in the paper today how many of the phones were purchased to tear
them apart and see what makes them tick. Who would have thought that the
child who takes everything apart, would grow up with a job to take
everything apart. ;-) ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jul 4, 3:14 pm, k wrote:
I suppose one of us could scrape together
the $600+ and buy one and study it up
close but I'd rather spend that money on
a new deck - all the better to view the pond
with - where I have real lilies. (Lotus, much
to my chagrin, is a plant that will not cooperate
with me!)

k :-)

Go to Costco, the phones are $300+ Still to much
for me.
Bonnie
NJ

Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

The twins are turning 22 this month :-))
Getting new cell phones but, alas, not
iphones. Youngest son is going with me
to be the consultant on which phones to
buy.

k :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article m,
k wrote:

The twins are turning 22 this month :-))
Getting new cell phones but, alas, not
iphones. Youngest son is going with me
to be the consultant on which phones to
buy.

k :-)

You save the money with the cheap $10 unlimited data plan that Apple
made ATT implement. PDA data plans run $40 a month, regular smart phone
data plans run $20. On a 2 year commitment, you do the math.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

moi? do math?
I have a geek ~ I keep him fed and
clothed and hand all those decisions
over to him. He loves nothing better
than to be tasked with finding new
technology solutions for the family.

k :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

k wrote:
The twins are turning 22 this month :-))
Getting new cell phones but, alas, not
iphones. Youngest son is going with me
to be the consultant on which phones to
buy.

Best source of information on pdaphones (and I have looked at LOTS of
sources of information):

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/

Key #1: understanding the difference between GSM vs CDMA networks. There
are advantages and disadvantages to both. That is, unless you are
already locked into a particular cell phone provider.

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes

Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article . com,
k wrote:

moi? do math?
I have a geek ~ I keep him fed and