Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pump finally died

My old Beckett pump that ran the 2000g pond finally gasped it's last this
afternoon. It ran for 7 to 8 months for 10 years. No water leaked into it
this time. There's a dead spot my husband said so the impeller wont turn
unless helped. That wont work when it's in a basked under almost 4' of
water. So....... we have to replace it. This time I'm getting something
epoxy filled.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
My old Beckett pump that ran the 2000g pond finally gasped it's last this
afternoon. It ran for 7 to 8 months for 10 years. No water leaked into
it this time. There's a dead spot my husband said so the impeller wont
turn unless helped. That wont work when it's in a basked under almost 4'
of water. So....... we have to replace it. This time I'm getting
something epoxy filled.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
rec.ponder since late 1996.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

How about a pondmaster Mag Drive 24 pump? They work pretty well. I have
the Mag Drive 18 pump, and am happy with it's performance.

George

Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
My old Beckett pump that ran the 2000g pond finally gasped it's last this
afternoon. It ran for 7 to 8 months for 10 years. No water leaked into
it this time. There's a dead spot my husband said so the impeller wont
turn unless helped. That wont work when it's in a basked under almost 4'
of water. So....... we have to replace it. This time I'm getting
something epoxy filled.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
rec.ponder since late 1996.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

How about a pondmaster Mag Drive 24 pump? They work pretty well. I have
the Mag Drive 18 pump, and am happy with it's performance.

=================================
Yes. I have the catalogs open here on my desk. I see a Pondmaster Mag
Drive for $146.99 @ 2,400 gph and a MagDrive for $124.99 @ 3,000 gph but
there is no brand name in the catalog for the "MagDrive" unless that is it's
brand name. I don't know who makes it. Any suggestions?

Right now I have a smaller back-up pump running the filter and settling tank
but need something larger.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:21 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
[...]

The brand name is "Pondmaster".

George

Old 12-07-2007, 09:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
[...]

===================================
Thanks. I ordered the one for $146.99. I should have it in a week. :-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
[...]

Great. Good luck.

George

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

finally got the pump going kathy[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 14 17-04-2008 03:20 PM
Cal Pump UV Clarifier died scs0 Ponds 11 26-04-2006 01:36 PM
Damned pump finally died.. Gareee© Ponds 10 19-09-2004 06:45 PM
Help needed: PUMP died over night Jim Ponds 8 25-08-2003 02:02 AM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM