Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Another Beckett Pump........ :(

Another Beckett pump started shorting out and flipping the breaker. What's
with these pumps? This one is epoxy filled and water still got in. What
else could it be? This the second one to do this. Suggestings anyone?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
Another Beckett pump started shorting out and flipping the breaker.
What's
with these pumps? This one is epoxy filled and water still got in. What
else could it be? This the second one to do this. Suggestings anyone?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
rec.ponder since late 1996.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Zone 6. Middle TN USA
~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö

If it is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer and ask for a
refund. Then buy a different brand. Pondmasters have worked well for me.

http://tinyurl.com/39a7qf

George

Old 11-08-2007, 05:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"George" wrote in message
If it is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer and ask for a
refund. Then buy a different brand. Pondmasters have worked well for me.

http://tinyurl.com/39a7qf

George

=====================
Thanks George. We found the receipt which showed it was bought April of
last year but couldn't find the warranty papers from inside the box. I
believe it was guaranteed for a year. I think this leaker will be my last
Beckett pump. Usually they just stop working after a few years. They just
"die" and don't trip the safety switch shutting off everything behind the
house (or in the ponds out front. In this weather that can be deadly.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rate This Thread: