Old 18-08-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Acre pond - a year later

A year ago, our acre pond had just been finished. Here is a link to
some photos showing the difference a year makes.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...59250addb02d/#

Jim

Old 18-08-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Looks very nice!

k :-)

Old 19-08-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
k wrote:

Looks very nice!

k :-)

Yes, they did a super job. Probably a great swimmin' hole in the Summer.
Jim, do you folks ever use it as such?

I almost expected to see a tire hanging from a tree next to it.

Old 19-08-2007, 02:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Aug 18, 7:44 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article .com,

Kurt,

You are right on target. The weedy area to the right of the dock is a
'platform' beach that will run from 12" to 48" deep and be a play area
for grandkids. I will have to bring in a grass carp to keep it clear
(They eat plants.)

If you look closely at the 'dirt only' picture, you can see a person
standing on the platform, just to the right in front of the center
pine tree. The dock forms the end of the platform/beach area.

Jim

Old 20-08-2007, 01:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

On Aug 18, 7:44 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article .com,

Kurt,

You are right on target. The weedy area to the right of the dock is a
'platform' beach that will run from 12" to 48" deep and be a play area
for grandkids. I will have to bring in a grass carp to keep it clear
(They eat plants.)

If you look closely at the 'dirt only' picture, you can see a person
standing on the platform, just to the right in front of the center
pine tree. The dock forms the end of the platform/beach area.

Jim

Lucky kids.

If you've got the deluxe swimming pool, I've got the algae-filled hotub.

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

Old 29-08-2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:47:33 CST, Kurt wrote:

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

I want some of these. I wonder if we can get them in the US?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4919376.stm
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 19-08-2007, 08:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

Jim

Old 19-08-2007, 09:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

And Alligators???
--
derek

Old 20-08-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article . com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

Jim

Sounds really fun!

Old 18-08-2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi Phyllis and Jim..

I envy you..! :-)

Thanks for sharing pics..
--
cu
Marco

Old 21-08-2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

From Carol

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ps.com...
A year ago, our acre pond had just been finished. Here is a link to
some photos showing the difference a year makes.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...59250addb02d/#

Jim

==========================
Nice. It looks so natural. How did you make it watertight? It doesn't
look like a liner pond.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 22-08-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Think clay soil!

Jim

Old 22-08-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Think clay soil!

Jim

=======================
Is it spring fed or just run off? Our neighbor has a nice stock pond that
fills from run off. This summer, with the endless drought and heat, it's
completely dried up.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 24-08-2007, 04:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Our pond is run off. Once full, it could take a big drought. Not
full, it has had problems. It would be a record that would drain a 6'
pond!
It would also set me up to start over with the fish. Don't want to do
that!

I keep wanting six to ten inches of what Texas is getting.

Jim

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Experiment - 1 year later tenman Orchid Photos 0 05-05-2009 01:29 AM
Two Acre Wood (Happy New Year) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 6 03-01-2007 05:00 PM
[IBC] One year + later [IBC] (OT) Chinese poetry on the web Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 1 02-01-2004 03:33 PM
.375 acre pond????? jixxxer Ponds 2 04-09-2003 04:12 PM
building 1 acre pond? James & Julie Fields Ponds (alternative) 1 07-05-2003 02:08 AM