Old 18-08-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Acre pond - a year later

A year ago, our acre pond had just been finished. Here is a link to
some photos showing the difference a year makes.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...59250addb02d/#

Jim

Old 18-08-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Looks very nice!

k :-)

Old 18-08-2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi Phyllis and Jim..

I envy you..! :-)

Thanks for sharing pics..
--
cu
Marco

Old 19-08-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
k wrote:

Looks very nice!

k :-)

Yes, they did a super job. Probably a great swimmin' hole in the Summer.
Jim, do you folks ever use it as such?

I almost expected to see a tire hanging from a tree next to it.

Old 19-08-2007, 02:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Aug 18, 7:44 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article .com,

Kurt,

You are right on target. The weedy area to the right of the dock is a
'platform' beach that will run from 12" to 48" deep and be a play area
for grandkids. I will have to bring in a grass carp to keep it clear
(They eat plants.)

If you look closely at the 'dirt only' picture, you can see a person
standing on the platform, just to the right in front of the center
pine tree. The dock forms the end of the platform/beach area.

Jim

Old 19-08-2007, 08:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

Jim

Old 19-08-2007, 09:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

And Alligators???
--
derek

Old 20-08-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article . com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

As I think about it, we are going to have a zip line across the pond
for the kids. No trees for tires, but a great run for a zip line.

Jim

Sounds really fun!

Old 20-08-2007, 01:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

On Aug 18, 7:44 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article .com,

Kurt,

You are right on target. The weedy area to the right of the dock is a
'platform' beach that will run from 12" to 48" deep and be a play area
for grandkids. I will have to bring in a grass carp to keep it clear
(They eat plants.)

If you look closely at the 'dirt only' picture, you can see a person
standing on the platform, just to the right in front of the center
pine tree. The dock forms the end of the platform/beach area.

Jim

Lucky kids.

If you've got the deluxe swimming pool, I've got the algae-filled hotub.

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

Old 21-08-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:47:33 CST, Kurt wrote:

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

I want some of these. I wonder if we can get them in the US? ~ jan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4919376.stm
------------
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 21-08-2007, 05:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
~ jan wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:47:33 CST, Kurt wrote:

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

I want some of these. I wonder if we can get them in the US? ~ jan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4919376.stm
------------
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

I saw a news segment on this last year. They probably eat a lot more
than dead skin.

Old 21-08-2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

From Carol

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ps.com...
A year ago, our acre pond had just been finished. Here is a link to
some photos showing the difference a year makes.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...59250addb02d/#

Jim

==========================
Nice. It looks so natural. How did you make it watertight? It doesn't
look like a liner pond.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 22-08-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Think clay soil!

Jim

Old 22-08-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:48:08 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Fish are happy, they nibble on my legs when I've gone in to clean.

I want some of these. I wonder if we can get them in the US? ~ jan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4919376.stm

The Garra Rufa is a variety of carp. I always thought my goldfish
were trying to eat the hairs on my legs and body. I wonder if ours
would do the dead skin thing if we got into a hot tub size pond full
of unfed fry. Lots of my dead skin is on my face and ears (sun
damage.), but I couldn't hold my breath for an hour for them to clean
it off. Probably wouldn't work anyway, since it isn't psoriasis, but
it is an interesting thought.

There are sources in China, probably for volume dealers.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 22-08-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Think clay soil!

Jim

=======================
Is it spring fed or just run off? Our neighbor has a nice stock pond that
fills from run off. This summer, with the endless drought and heat, it's
completely dried up.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Experiment - 1 year later tenman Orchid Photos 0 05-05-2009 01:29 AM
Two Acre Wood (Happy New Year) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 6 03-01-2007 05:00 PM
[IBC] One year + later [IBC] (OT) Chinese poetry on the web Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 1 02-01-2004 03:33 PM
.375 acre pond????? jixxxer Ponds 2 04-09-2003 04:12 PM
building 1 acre pond? James & Julie Fields Ponds (alternative) 1 07-05-2003 02:08 AM