Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2008, 03:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Building a small pond

I started digging a small pond last month and what started out as
digging an unused fire pit a bit deeper has blossomed into a somewhat
larger project. It has grown from my original idea of basically
digging a hole and putting a liner in it to a skimmer, pump and
visions of a short stream running down the side. Anyway, there are
some cinderblocks that used to be around the fire pit (there are more
that used to hold firewood and the like) that have been outside in the
elements for at least three years with no fire, and probably longer
than that. I think they'd have most of the nasties leached out of
them long ago, but more than one person has said not to use them in a
pond. While I don't plan on having fish, I'd rather not make it
impossible in the future. I'm not going to use any mortar or
anything, just use them around the edge for a border and to hold the
liner. Is this a no-no?

What it looked like last month
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...c162007009.jpg

What it looks like now