Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Redoing bulkheads

I've had a leak in the pond system since fall. Late winter I turned off
pump and isolated filter from ponds. Turned out, to my surprise, the leak
was in the filters.

So an FYI: bulkheads are not that hard to take off between filter barrels.
Even if DS is a Mr. Monk. He actually wanted me to remove all the filter
media and clean the barrels. Wasn't gonna happen, I actually debated living
with the leak. Luckily Mr. Monk relented, as he always does. Slipped on
gloves, and bulkheads unscrewed quite easily, to my surprised, i.e., didn't
have to use tools.

I then had the task of cleaning the bulkheads and the area around the hole
where they'd be re-installed. Mr. Monk double checked an okayed my work.
Towel dried and after an hour air drying he re-silicon (going thru a dozen
disposal vinyl gloves) and re-installed. Now we wait for it to dry. I
figure I can start it up around noon tomorrow.

Filter went over 10 years before the silicon gave out, btw. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Update, pond has been running for 48 hours and holding level. Yea! :-)
Today I hope to start up the main pump w/stream & waterfall, temps are
finally going up. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

bulkheads in plywood tank N. Wise Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 04-05-2005 06:32 AM
Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground) FGreen Lawns 36 20-05-2004 10:08 PM
Redoing pond Neil Law Ponds 3 18-08-2003 05:03 AM
redoing old bermuda grass yard Gary E Gardening 1 02-07-2003 12:20 PM
Bulkheads....seal w/ silicon or not? Oingofan Ponds 10 21-04-2003 09:44 PM