Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Newbie: Goldfish pond requirements

Hi,

I've been offline for the long weekend, but I've been busy.. I'm now
the proud owner of:

1x Shubunkin
1x Sarassa
0x grid

1x almost empty pond :-)

Both fish are busy hiding away under the stepping stones, but are
otherwise quite happy.

Thanks to Gill for sharing his experiences. Thanks to Jan for
encouraging me to become a string algae keeper ;-)

So Wakins and most other double finned goldfish should be ok as long
as I stay away from the "bubble" eyes. Surely Oranda are not good idea
though?

The garden center I went to only had "common" goldfish, comets,
shubunkins, sarassas and of course lots and lots of koi.. but no
double tailed varieties. I'll keep looking and get some advice if I
find something appropriate.

In the end, a goldfish-only pond might not be such a bad idea. After
years of caring for "problem" fish such as African rift-lake cichilds
and Discus, it might be quite relaxing to just look at a few dozen
healthy, trouble-free fish without worrying too much about falling PH,
nitrate levels, etc..

Thanks again for everybody's help.

Best regards,

Frank

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

pond filter requirements wruess Ponds 10 22-07-2005 12:45 PM
Right wing kookiness (was Self-Suffiency Acreage Requirements) gregpresley Edible Gardening 0 18-12-2003 07:03 AM
Re(2): Sunlight requirements for Kiwi Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 21-03-2003 03:44 AM
Sunlight requirements for Kiwi Mark Edible Gardening 1 19-03-2003 07:32 PM
Calcium requirements Bob A Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-02-2003 01:51 AM