Old 24-07-2005, 08:42 PM
danny

Default aquarium smell

i have very recently cleaned my fish tank but the water still seems to
stink rather alot can anyone help me

Old 26-07-2005, 02:50 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 24 Jul 2005 12:42:03 -0700, "danny" wrote:

i have very recently cleaned my fish tank but the water still seems to
stink rather alot can anyone help me

You get some test kits, test the water, let us know what the numbers are
and we can help you out with how to treat it.

Or, you can take it to the pond/aquarium store, have them test the water,
write down the numbers (don't take "your water is fine" for an answer). If
they can't give you numbers, they don't know what they're doing, go to a
better store or buy your own test kits. Ammonia, Nitrite, pH, KH for
starters. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 26-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Reel Mckoi

danny wrote:
i have very recently cleaned my fish tank but the water still seems to
stink rather alot can anyone help me

Buy a new one

This group is about ponds, not latrine.

Old 26-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Roy

Often times when youy clean out an aquarium the mulm that settles into
the gravel or botom substrate is holding lots of decayed material
which when disturbed releases a rotten egg smell (hydrogen sulphide
?) IIRC. If your waters parameters are fine, some use of Activated
Charcoal will clear out the odors.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:50:52 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On 24 Jul 2005 12:42:03 -0700, "danny" wrote:
===
[...]

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 26-07-2005, 08:46 PM
ynotssor

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

This group is about ponds, not latrine.

This group is about humour, so why did you include it in your reply?

Old 26-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Reel MCkoI

ynotssor wrote:
"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

This group is about ponds, not latrine.

This group is about humour, so why did you include it in your reply?

Let me tell you something. I will post whereever I want. I am the Usenet
Czar. You however can not.

If you do so again. I will flood your group.

do you feel me cracker?
Old 27-07-2005, 02:15 AM
ynotssor

"Reel MCkoI" wrote in message

If you do so again. I will flood your group.

Go ahead on it.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Klaus Hellnick wrote:
Ditto G.W.B. (remember the WMD?)

The WMDs that Hussein had, and used, against both Iraqis and Iranians?
The ones Clinton and Gore also thought he still had? The ones Hussein
refused to destroy in a verifiable manner as per the ceasefire
agreement? Those WMDs?
Klaus

Well, if he used them, then he did not have anymore, as UN inspectors,
and american military inspector discoverd after the invasion of Iraq.