Old 30-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default Sodium Thiosulfate

I got a lifetime supply of 10 lbs delivered right to my door for $31.49!
:-) The ChemestryStore.com Excellent service and nice people to deal with.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 30-07-2005, 10:05 PM
RichToyBox

Sodium Thiosulfate is one of the major ingredients in most dechlors. Many
of the dechlors cost $25 to $30 per gallon at the local fish store. A 50
pound bucket from Aquatic-Eco, at about $65 plus shipping will make 50
gallons. It will change the chlorine, but does nothing for ammonia. For
major water changes with water containing chloramine, then one of the other
products like Prime, AmQuel, or Ultimate which will bind the ammonia are
better. I use ST most of the time, but have the good stuff to take care of
the water during spawns, when ammonia will go out the top of the test kit.
The ammonia in chloramine will show up on the test kits, but most filters
will remove it very quickly. For major water changes, it could be at toxic
levels, but at 10 or 15% the ammonia is barely perceptable.
--
RichToyBox

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
Whats it do?
Priss

Sodium Thiosulfate ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 25 04-01-2005 02:02 AM
Sodium Thiosulfate ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 0 31-12-2004 02:42 AM
sodium thiosulfate Joan Ponds 8 01-08-2003 01:22 PM
Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate Bob Alston Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate Bob Alston Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-02-2003 01:16 AM